The University of Leicester in the UK is inviting applications from qualified candidates for Sanctuary Scholarship for the 2021/2022 academic session.
The University of Leicester is proud to have obtained the University of Sanctuary award.
They believe that higher education should be accessible to all based on merit alone, and are pleased to offer up to four Sanctuary Scholarships to help reduce the barriers to participation in higher education faced by those seeking asylum in the UK.
Each Sanctuary Scholarship consists of a tuition fee waiver, a contribution to living costs and tailored personal support.
The Scholarships will be awarded to up to four applicants wishing to begin their studies at the University of Leicester in September 2021 who can demonstrate that they have the ability to succeed academically, but face barriers to that success.
Worth of Award
The awards include a tuition fee waiver plus £3,500 per year living expenses. The number of awards available are:
- 2 x Undergraduate awards
- 1 x Taught Masters award
- 1 x PhD award.
- Candidates must hold an offer of a place to study full-time at the University of Leicester beginning in September 2021;
- Candidates must be unable to access mainstream funding in the UK, e.g. Student Finance
- Candidates must be in the UK:
- Seeking asylum in the UK, or
- Have been granted Discretionary or Limited Leave to remain in the UK, following an application for asylum in the UK.
How to Apply
- Candidates must complete the application form to be considered for the scholarship;
- Successful candidates will be notified by the end of August 2021 and must have a UK bank account to receive the living costs contribution.
Deadline: Candidates must apply for the scholarship by the deadline of July 31, 2021. Applications received after this date will not be considered.