INSEAD offers the Soraya Salti Social Impact Scholarship for the INSEAD Social Entrepreneurship Programme in Singapore 2021.
Inspired by the ground-breaking work of Soraya Salti, former President and CEO for the Middle East and North Africa at INJAZ Al-Arab, and with the generous support of donors led by Waleed AlBanawi, INSEAD has established the Soraya Salti Social Impact Scholarship Fund.
Recipients of the Soraya Salti Social Impact Scholarship will become a part of ISEP’s network of elite global social entrepreneurs and participate in the network’s meetings, events and networking opportunities. They will also benefit from INSEAD’s ground-breaking research, especially work related to the role of women in leadership and entrepreneurship.
Noting Soraya’s incredible legacy and outstanding contributions to social entrepreneurship in the Arab World, Waleed AlBanawi said, “The fund will blaze a trail for social entrepreneurs and continue Soraya’s vision, work and the passion she brought to driving change, specifically through her work at INJAZ Al Arab. Her far-reaching impact, especially in the field of entrepreneurship education, has been truly transformative. We expect that the initiative will create future role models in social entrepreneurship who will build upon the legacy of Soraya and who will strive to make a difference with their lives and the communities they serve the way she did.”
Worth of Award
- The fund will provide two full scholarships each year to INSEAD’s world-class social entrepreneurship executive education programme
- For women social entrepreneurs who demonstrate the special commitment, insight and resourcefulness needed to overcome the deep and neglected social challenges required to make a transformative impact in this field.
- The aim of the scholarship is to promote the continued development of young women entrepreneurs in the Middle East, South Asia and Africa regions by giving an opportunity to participate in the highly regarded INSEAD Social Entrepreneurship Programme (ISEP).
How to Apply
- Candidates must first be admitted to ISEP by completing an application form.
- In completing the application, a request for scholarship funding must be made.
- Once admitted, a scholarship application will be sent to the candidate.
- As part of the application process, candidates will be asked to demonstrate a vision for their organisation or impact business and the added value participation in ISEP would bring to their work, their community and society as a whole.
- Their application will be judged on the rich moral fibre, courage and a commitment to excellence and authenticity the candidate brings to their work.
- Preference will be given to applicants with a proven record and the need for financial assistance to achieve their goals.
Deadline: The application deadline for the first round of admission and financial aid decisions is June 15, 2021