The Swedish Institute in Sweden is inviting applications for the Swedish Institute Scholarship for South Africans for the 2020/2021 academic session.
The scholarship is aimed at developing global leaders who will contribute to the 2030 Agenda for Sustainable Development. Ideal candidates are ambitious young professionals with academic qualifications, demonstrated leadership experience and an ambition to make a difference!
Worth of Award
In 2020, about 10 scholarships will be granted to South African students which cover living costs, tuition fees, a travel grant and insurance for Master studies in Sweden.
Priority will be given to applicants who:
- choose study Programmes with an emphasis on one of the following subject areas: computer science and IT, design (industrial design, architecture, urban/regional planning), engineering, environmental technology/sustainable development, gender studies, nanotechnology, or public health,
- have completed bachelor’s with honors or equivalent from a South African university, and
- have demonstrated work and leadership experience.
How to Apply
- Only master’s programmes that are on the list of master’s programmes are eligible for SISGP. The list will be published
- To begin with, apply for up to four eligible master’s programmes at universityadmissions.se by 15 January 2020.
- University Admissions is the national online application service that handles admissions to universities in Sweden. It is an independent agency not related to the Swedish Institute (SI). The eligibility and application procedure for SI scholarships and for university admissions are different.
- Once you have submitted your application to the master’s Programme(s) at universityadmissions.se, you will get a personal application number consisting of eight digits. Save the number as you will need it when applying to SISGP.
- Make sure that you type the correct number in the online application form, or otherwise, your application will be disqualified.
Deadline: Important deadlines are January 15 for University admissions and February 20, 2020, for the scholarship application.