FINCAD is inviting applications for the Women in Finance Scholarship open to women from all countries in the 2021/22 academic session.
FINCAD is a leading provider of enterprise portfolio and risk analytics for multi-asset derivatives and fixed income. An industry standard since 1990, their advanced analytics, flexible architecture and patented technology enable better investment and risk management decisions. They are committed to helping our clients solve their toughest challenges, without compromise. Clients include leading global asset managers, hedge funds, insurance companies, pension funds, banks and auditors.
The field of finance is changing rapidly. Most recently, the impact of the COVID-19 pandemic has caused economic uncertainty and hardship throughout the industry and the world. FINCAD has long believed that deep market knowledge, transparency and trustworthiness play a critical role in making financial markets safer for all participants.
In addition, FINCAD is keenly aware that the majority of practitioners in the capital markets industry are men, and that the trend to include more women in the industry is not as rapid as it should be. For these reasons, FINCAD established their annual Women in Finance Scholarship. The goal is to encourage and support outstanding women in the field of finance, particularly those pursuing careers in financial asset management, market risk management and derivatives finance within the capital markets.
Worth of Award
The FINCAD Women in Finance Scholarship is an award of US$20,000 to support graduate-level studies
- Applications are welcomed from female citizens of all countries who are enrolled in a post-graduate program at a university accredited by the national or international body approved for that purpose in the country where the university is situated.
- You must be enrolled and attending the program on a full-time basis during the 2020 – 2022 academic year.
- The scholarship will be awarded to a deserving applicant who is enrolled in a post-graduate program with an emphasis on finance, particularly relating to the use of derivatives in capital markets and/or financial risk management. If your field of study does not meet that description, DO NOT APPLY.
- Applicants must have no more than 10 years total work experience, and no more than five years work experience in finance.
- Applications and all supporting documents, except university transcripts must be in English
How to Apply
- To submit an application, you will need to follow the link below and create a user name and password.
- Remember your user name and password. This will enable you to edit and save your application before finally submitting it.
- If necessary, you may then log back in to continue working on the application later and then submit it.
- Once you submit your application you will no longer be able to edit it.
- The system will provide a prompt to confirm you have submitted your application. That means your application has been submitted and they have received it. You will NOT receive a confirmation message/email.
- Do not attempt to contact them to confirm that we have received your application. Your account will indicate a submission has been received.
- DO NOT SUBMIT MORE THAN ONE APPLICATION.
Deadline: Applications will be accepted until June 30, 2021, at 5:59 PM ET. Late applications will not be accepted.