The Freelance Audio Fund offers emergency relief to the professional audio community impacted by COVID-19 in 2020.
The Fund is not for everyone. It is for those with urgent need. If this does not describe you, please DO NOT apply. Resources are limited. Priority will be given to Individual freelance audio professionals who work as reporters, producers, editors and engineers.
This fund is made possible by The Association of Independents in Radio (AIR).
Worth of Award
- Applicants can apply for as little as $100. The maximum award is $599.
- It is possible that in the second cycle they will consider applications that exceed $600.
- Individual freelance audio professionals.
- This is limited in definition to prioritize reporters, producers, editors and engineers. Unfortunately, their limited resources do not allow us to prioritize musicians and performers in the audio community.
Priority Fund Areas
- Indefinitely postponed work or a standing gig that has been cancelled.
- Travel expenses lost because of lost work. Travel credits that can be applied later will not be considered.
- Rental of equipment lost because of cancelled work. Purchased equipment will not be considered.
- They recognize that not every financial impact falls neatly into one of the buckets described above. If you have a unique situation they encourage you to apply. It may, however, require additional communication. An example of this: is if you can demonstrate that you secure 3-4 tape syncs weekly and can document the sudden loss of income.
How to Apply
The following documentation is required in order to be processed and considered:
- Complete online submission form.
- Proof of loss of income due to COVID-19.
Applications are reviewed on a rolling basis
Deadline: Applications for this circle ends on May 23, 2020