The Southern Africa Innovation Support(SAIS) invites applications from entrepreneurs and Startups for the 2020 BoostUP.
BOOST UP is a three-part startup support programme organised by the Connected Hubs network and the Southern Africa Innovation Support Programme (SAIS 2) in Botswana, Namibia, South Africa, Tanzania, and Zambia. BOOST UP targets startups that use technology to solve a societal challenge and are looking for skills that could help them articulate their business.
Worth of Award
- The BOOST UP series comprises the Set Up online training events, Stand Up pitching competitions, and Scale-Up incubation programme.
- BOOST UP Scale Up is an incubation programme for impact-driven startups eager to become more investable. Scale Up includes an online incubation programme (September–November) and an on-site Bootcamp in Helsinki, Finland, in November*.
- Your startup is located in Botswana, Namibia, South Africa, Tanzania, or Zambia.
- You use technology to solve a societal challenge in Southern Africa.
- You are eager to scale up your business and have a scalable business model.
- You are developing or finalising a prototype, or have a prototype ready.
- Your startup has a minimum of two team members interested in participating.
- You are authorised to submit the application on behalf of the team.
- You/your startup have not won a SAIS 2-associated national pitch competition and participated in the BOOST UP Bootcamp 2019, Slush Global Impact Accelerator 2018, or been sponsored by SAIS 2 to participate in Slush 2017.
Note: applications from female-led startups are particularly encouraged.
To be selected to pitch, your startup will be required to:
- Have participated in the Set-Up training
- Be a registered business located in Botswana, Namibia, South Africa, Tanzania, or Zambia
- Have a prototype ready
In addition, you must be 18 years or above. Alternatively, if you are under 18 and selected to the Scale-Up incubator and Bootcamp, you must be accompanied by your guardian. The guardian will be responsible for her/his own travel costs.
How to Apply
Please follow the link on their website to apply
Deadline: Application closes on May 31, 2020.