Thailand International Cooperation Agency(TICA), Ministry of Foreign Affairs offers the Thailand International Postgraduate Programme in the 2020/2021 academic year.
Thailand International Cooperation Agency (TICA) was established on 19 October 2004 by a Royal Decree to serve the Royal Thai Government as a focal agency under the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Thailand in administrating international development cooperations.
TICA is principally responsible for the implementation of Thailand’s development cooperation programmes in neighbouring countries in particular as well as other regions of the world. There are various forms of cooperation, such as the development projects, volunteer and expert programmes, fellowships, scholarship and training programmes.
Worth of Award
The Royal Thai Government will bear the following expenses for successful candidates
during their study in Thailand. The expenses include:
- Return economy class air ticket and airport pick – up service
- Monthly subsistence, settlement, books and thesis allowance
- Visa arrangement
- Tuition fee
- Candidates must be nominated by the National Focal Point for International Development Cooperation in a country from the TIPP eligible countries/territories list.
- Candidates should be working in the area related to the course provided.
- Candidates must have a Bachelor’s degree and/or professional experience related field or related to a graduate degree.
- Candidates must have a good command of English.
- Candidates who English is not the first language and Bachelor’s degree was not taught in
English have to pass an English Language proficiency test according to criteria announced by University regulations.
- It is recommended that candidates be less than 50 years of age.
- Candidates must have good physical and mental condition.
- TICA reserves the rights to revoke scholarship offered to awardees who violate rules and
- Other requirements apart from these will be under consideration by the University
How to Apply
- The candidates must fill in the online application form on the TICA website: Thailand
International Cooperation Agency (TICA). Menu: Fellowships and Scholarships, Sub – menu: Thailand International Postgraduate Programme, Click on: TIPP 2020
- The candidates must be nominated by the National Focal Point for International
Development Cooperation (such as Ministry of Foreign Affairs) or by relevant central government agencies for which the nominated candidates currently work.
- Nomination must be in line with relevant rules and regulations of the nominating countries/territories. The National Focal Point will forward the nominated candidates’ documents to the Royal Thai Embassy/Permanent Mission of Thailand to the United Nations/Royal Thai Consulate-General accredited to eligible countries/territories.
- Please prepare one (1) original with two (2) copies of each document as these following items:
- TIPP application form
- Medical report
- Transcript of Bachelor’s degree (to show the courses that you have learnt throughout
- Certificate of Bachelor’s degree
- English test score (e.g. TOELF, IELTS)
- Recommendation Letter (At least 3 people)
- Thesis proposal or other documents (As university request)
- All forms are duly filled out and endorsed by the candidates’ supervisor and the National Focal Point for International Development Cooperation. All of related documents must be in English.
- Each of the eligible countries/territories can nominate up to five (5) candidates per academic programme
- The application procedure will complete when TICA has received the hard copy of the
application form and other related documents through the Royal Thai Embassy/Permanent Mission of Thailand to the United Nations/Royal Thai Consulate-General accredited to eligible countries/territories.
Deadline: Applications close on June 30, 2020.