Cavendish University in Uganda is inviting applications for the General Gabriel Jok Riak Scholarship in the 2021/22 academic session.
The General Gabriel Jok Riak Scholarship was established in 2018 to honour General Gabriel Jok Riak, an eminent alumnus of Cavendish University Uganda who was appointed the Chief of Defence Forces of the South Sudan Defence Forces (SSDF) a day after his graduation at CUU.
The University Scholarship Committee (USC) awards this scholarship to two (2) South Sudanese students each academic year who are starting the first year of any degree programme at Cavendish University Uganda and nominated by General Gabriel Jok Riak in writing.
Worth of Award
- The Scholarship covers 100% tuition and functional fees.
- All other costs and expenses such as air travel or otherwise from the student’s home country to the University, living expenses, (accommodation, food, scholastic materials, travel to and from the University during the semester etc.) and immigration permission shall be borne by the beneficiary.
The scholarship is both a need-based and merit-based financial aid option awarded on the basis of any one or combination of criteria including financial need, academic excellence, and demonstrated leadership qualities.
Eligible candidates for this scholarship must meet the following requirements:
- A letter of nomination from General Gabrel Jok Riak
- Intent to attend classes in person at the University. The Distance Learning mode is not eligible for this scholarship.
- Have at least 3 Principal Passes at A-level or its equivalent obtained at one sitting not more than five years before the date of the application
- Have at least 6 Passes at O’ Level or its equivalent
- Demonstrate that they have the required English proficiency optimal for undertaking University education.
How to Apply
- Nominated applicants shall submit their application by formal letter sent by email to [email protected] with the required documents attached.
- This scholarship is awarded only to students studying at the University. (DL mode is not eligible) and is awarded for the full duration of the beneficiary’s Programme of study subject to the satisfactory academic progress of the beneficiary.
Deadline: Application closes soon.