Cavendish University in Uganda is inviting applications for the Benjamin Mkapa Scholarship in the 2021/22 academic session.
The Benjamin William Mkapa Scholarship was established to honour H.E. Benjamin William Mkapa, the current Chancellor of Cavendish University Uganda and former President of The United Republic of Tanzania. This scholarship is awarded to two students from The United Republic of Tanzania who are nominated by the Chancellor in writing and are starting the first year of any degree programme at Cavendish University Uganda every academic year.
Worth of Award
- The Scholarship covers 100% tuition and functional fees.
- All other costs and expenses such as air travel or otherwise from the student’s home country to the University, living expenses, (accommodation, food, scholastic materials, travel to and from the University during the semester etc.) and immigration permission shall be borne by the beneficiary.
The scholarship is both a need-based and merit-based financial aid option awarded on the basis of any one or combination of criteria including financial need, academic excellence, and demonstrated leadership qualities.
Eligible candidates for this scholarship must meet the following requirements:
- A letter of nomination from the Chancellor
- Have at least 3 Principal Passes at A-level or its equivalent obtained at one sitting not more than five years before the date of the application
- Have at least 6 Passes at O’ Level or its equivalent
- Demonstrate that they have the required English proficiency optimal for undertaking University education.
- Scholarship holders may opt to study on any of the available modes of learning at CUU.
How to Apply
- Nominated applicants shall submit their application by formal letter sent by email to [email protected] with the required documents attached.
- These scholarships are awarded for the full duration of the beneficiary’s Programme of study subject to the satisfactory academic progression of the beneficiary demonstrated by the attendance of at least 75% of all classes, submission of ALL coursework and maintaining a cumulative grade point average of 3.0 (B) Second Class (Lower Division)
Deadline: Application closes soon.