Fondation L’Oreal in Framce is offering the L’Oréal-UNESCO For Women in Science
International Awards in the 2021 edition.
Created in 1998, the International Awards L’Oréal-UNESCO For Women in Science honours – every year – 5 eminent women scientists from 5 regions of the world.
Each year, five Laureates are recognized for their contributions to the advancement of science, in Life and Environmental Sciences or Physical Sciences, Mathematics, and Computer Science in alternating years.
The 2022 edition of the Awards will designate five outstanding scientific researchers in the field of Physical Sciences, Mathematics, and Computer Science, working in the following regions:
– Africa & the Arab States
– Asia and the Pacific
– Latin America and the Caribbean
– North America
One candidate will be selected for each of the five regions, the determining factor being the place of work for at least 5 years, not the nationality of the candidate.
Worth of Award
An award of €100,000 is given to each of the five laureates selected by a jury of internationally renowned experts.
The candidate must:
- Be recognized for her scientific excellence by the international scientific community,
- Be actively involved in scientific research,
- Work in any field of the Physical Sciences, Mathematics or Computer Science,
- For your information, there is no age constraint regarding the candidate.
How to Apply
- Scientists around the world are invited to nominate candidates for the L’Oréal-UNESCO For Women in Science Awards.
- To be considered eligible for an award, it is necessary to be nominated in writing by an eminent scientist. Self-nominations are not eligible, nor nominations from immediate family members.
- Teams are not eligible for nomination.
Qualified nominators may be :
- Heads of University or Scientific Institutions,
- Members of Academies of Science,
- Holders of Research Chairs,
- Full professors
- Past For Women in Science Award Laureates,
- or at minimum holders of a Ph.D. in Science.
Nominations can only be submitted electronically through the online dedicated platform:
www.forwomeninscience.com and must be written in English.
Deadline: The closing date for applications is May 31st, 2021.