The World Summit Awards invites applications for the WSA Young Innovators Programme for people under 26 years of age in Austria in 2021.
The WSA Young Innovators is a special recognition and award for young social entrepreneurs using ICT to take action on the United Nations Sustainable Development Goals (UN SDGs).
Together with the WSA winners of each year, they are honoured as outstanding digital innovators with social impact.
Worth of Award
The World Summit Awards for Young Innovators involves
- Combining an ongoing series of international events and activities with a global network of start-ups, social entrepreneurs, mentors, jurors, speakers, experts, government leaders, academia, and civil society, WSA is an international platform for cutting-edge examples of how ICTs can have an impact on society.
- Founded in 2003, WSA has become a quality seal for digital content with societal impact in over 182 participating countries.
Eligible for young citizens of all UN member states, WSA Young Innovators is open to every start-up, social entrepreneur, NGO, student, or individual!
- Submissions for the WSA Young Innovators can contain all mobile and web-based projects, such as apps, web pages, applications for wearables, kiosk installations, SMS-based products, games, and interactive productions.
- There is no limitation regarding the platforms or channels the projects work with.
- All submissions have to be launched products. No drafts, ideas, or unfinished projects can be accepted.
The WSA Young Innovators call is eligible for projects that:
- Are developed by young innovators under the age of 26.
- Offer digital solutions to any of the UN Sustainable Development Goals.
- Deliver content-rich digital solutions to the user including individuals, businesses, and organizations.
- have a strong digital component: websites, apps, SMS-based solutions, IoT, wearables, etc.
- are market-ready or already launched on the market – no ideas or concepts are eligible.
How to Apply
- Write a mail to the WSA office to be introduced to your WSA National Expert. Your National Expert will guide you through the local steps needed to apply for WSA.
Some countries also offer applications through a national contest or other forms of application.
- Your project will be reviewed and evaluated by the WSA National Expert if it meets the eligibility criteria and standards of WSA. After careful evaluation, the WSA National Expert will decide if he wishes to nominate your project for WSA, based on innovation, local impact, and quality.
- If your project is nominated in one of the WSA categories, your WSA National Expert will enter your data in the WSA Contest Database. Please make sure to provide your WSA National Expert with valid contact data.
- Upon nomination, you will receive a confirmation email inviting you to complete your application. Please make sure to check your spam folder.
- After submitting your application, you are officially enrolled in the global WSA.
- An especially assembled international jury will then evaluate all nominated and completed projects and choose the 40 WSA winners per year.
Deadline: The deadline to apply for WSA and WSA Young Innovators is August 31, 2021.