The World Summit Award offers the Young Innovators, within the framework of WSA, that promotes and awards young social entrepreneurs in 2020. The WSA Young Innovators is a special recognition for young people under 26 years of age, using ICTs to take action on the United Nations Sustainable Development Goals (UN SDGs).
Together with the WSA winners of each year, they are honoured as outstanding digital innovation with social impact.
From 2020 on, EYA (European Youth Award) becomes part of WSA. The pan European initiative highlighting and encouraging purpose-driven digital entrepreneurship will be merged into WSA as WSA European Young Innovators.
2 become 1 – WSA and EYA merge to foster social sustainable impact, offer support and wider opportunities for young digital entrepreneurs globally.
Worth of Award
- The World Summit Awards are a non-monetary award system with a focus on sustainable knowledge transfer through a worldwide network. This means that winners benefit not from a one-time financial reward, but a lifelong partnership and integration.
- Invitation to the WSA Global Congress including:
- Pitching seminars
- 4-minute pitch session in front of an international audience during the Congress
- A program of especially crafted workshops for the winners
- Invitation to the prestigious award ceremony and Gala night
- Board and lodging for the duration of the Congress
- Eye to eye exchange with speakers, jurors and international guests
- Integration into a network of internationally recognized digital content developers
- Access to the WSA community of global experts and industry leaders in over 180 countries
- Interaction with world-renowned sponsors and partners of the WSA community
- Workshops specially shaped for the winner’s needs
- A video clip highlighting the winner’s projects
- Special placement on WSA website, youtube channel and social media promotion
- Long-term coverage within WSA editorial channels
Eligible for young citizens of all UN member states, WSA Young Innovators is open to every start-up, social entrepreneur, NGO, student or individual!
- Submissions for the WSA Young Innovators can contain all mobile and web-based projects, such as: apps, web pages, applications for wearables, kiosk installations, SMS based products, games and interactive productions.
- There is no limitation regarding the platforms or channels the projects work with.
- All submissions have to be launched products. No drafts, ideas or unfinished projects can be accepted.
The WSA Young Innovators call is eligible for projects that:
- Are developed by young innovators under the age of 26
- Offer digital solutions to any of the UN Sustainable Development Goals
- Deliver content-rich digital solutions to the user including individuals, businesses, and organisations
- have a strong digital component: websites, apps, SMS based solutions, IoT, wearables etc.
- are market-ready or already launched on the market – no ideas or concepts are eligible
The WSA Young Innovators Award is an open call. The participation in the WSA Young Innovators is open to any entrepreneur, company, student group or project team – at least one of the founding members and the majority of the team must be under the age of 26 (born on or after January 1, 1994).
How to Apply
Apply for this opportunity on their website
- Please be short and precise and make your digital project easy to understand. Avoid too long sentences and complicated technical terms.
- Please fill in your application solely in ENGLISH.
- Please make sure that the URL to your project/product and the email you provided works!
- Please be aware that an international jury is evaluating your project. E.g. if your project cannot be downloaded from the play store in some countries, please make sure that you give enough information, provide screenshots or a comprehensive presentation for the jurors.
- They advise to first do your application in a word document and then copy-paste to the database for easier structuring.
- WSA tries to keep the application as short as possible, hence they advise to fill in all fields, even if they are not obligatory.
Deadline: Closing Date for applications is August 31st, 2020