The World Academy of Sciences and the International Center for Chemical and Biological Sciences invite applications for the TWAS-ICCBS Postdoctoral Fellowship for Young Scientists in Pakistan for the 2022/23 academic year.
This scholarship is for young scientists from developing countries (other than Pakistan) who wish to pursue postdoctoral research in
- organic chemistry,
- molecular medicine,
- pharmacology or physical chemistry at the ICCBS.
Worth of Award
ICCBS will provide a monthly stipend which should be used to cover living costs such as food, accommodation, local transportation and incidental minor illness.
Note that the monthly stipend will not be convertible into foreign currency.
Applicants for these fellowships must meet the following criteria:
- a maximum age of 45 years on 31 December of the application year.
- nationals of a developing country (other than Pakistan);
- financially responsible for any accompanying family members.
- regularly employed in a developing country (other than Pakistan) and hold a research assignment there;
They must also
- hold a PhD degree in a field of natural sciences;
- not hold any visa for temporary or permanent residency in Pakistan or any developed country;
- not take up other assignments during the period of her/his fellowship;
How to Apply
By way of application, applicants must submit
- a certificate of good health from a qualified medical doctor;
- an Acceptance Letter from ICCBS. Requests for acceptance must be directed to the Director of ICCBS, Prof. M. I. Choudhary ([email protected], [email protected] or [email protected] or [email protected]) who will facilitate the assignment of a host supervisor.
- a two-page curriculum vitae (CV), copy of the last degree, a research proposal outline and at least two letters of recommendation (preferably one from the last supervisor).
That’s not all, applicants must equally provide
- evidence of proficiency in English, if medium of education was not English;
- evidence that s/he will return to her/his home country on completion of the fellowship; and
- signed reference letters on letter-headed papers with the subject line containing ICCBS/PDoc and the candidate’s surname.
N.B. Only signed reference letters can be accepted.
To start your application, simply click here.
Deadline: The deadline for receipt of applications for the TWAS-ICCBS Postdoctoral Fellowship for Young Scientists is July 4, 2022.