The World Academy of Sciences (TWAS) is offering the TWAS-Fayzah M. Al-Kharafi Award for African Women Scientists in Italy in 2021.
This annual award, named after the TWAS Fellow Fayzah M. Al-Kharafi, recognizes women scientists from Scientifically and Technologically Lagging (STL) countries.
Worth of Award
- It carries a cash award of USD 4,000 generously provided by Professor Al-Kharafi and will rotate among various fields of science.
- Nominations for the 2021 TWAS-Fayzah M. Al-Kharafi Award are invited to Medical Sciences. Nominees must be female scientists national of an ST-lagging country and have been living and working there for at least two years immediately prior to their nomination (i.e. from 12/2/2019).
- Fellows of TWAS are not eligible.
How to Apply
- The 2021 nominations can only be submitted electronically through the online platform by clicking on the “NEW NOMINATION” button at the bottom of this page.
- To resume working on saved nominations, click on the “RESUME” button at the bottom of this page.
- The deadline for receiving nominations is May 12, 2021, however, we strongly recommend that you do not wait until the deadline but submit the nomination as early as you can to enable us to process it as quickly as possible.
Before you start compiling the nomination, PLEASE PAY PARTICULAR ATTENTION TO THE MAXIMUM CHARACTERS ALLOWED.
A nomination for the TWAS-Fayzah M. Al-Kharafi Award is considered complete only if includes all of the following information/material:
- Nominator contact details;
- Nominee contact details (self nominations are not accepted) and general information on the nominee, including the country where she has been working and living in the past 2 years;
- Authorization from the nominee (i.e. the candidate) to process her personal data for the purposes of her nomination, in conformity to Art. 13 of the Italian Legislative Decree 196/2003. This authorization can only be submitted through the online platform. The privacy authorization form is available for download in the section ‘nominee’s personal data. The form must be filled in and signed by the candidate and then uploaded onto the on-line platform;
- Supporting statement regarding the nominee’s contribution in Medical Sciences in details;
- A clear and detailed account of any time spent abroad by the nominee in the past two years;
- Suggested citation (15-20 words highlighting the nominee’s scientific achievements either in Medical Sciences);
- PhD: information on subject area, year and awarding institution;
- Brief information on membership in academies and societies;
- Brief information on awards and honours received;
- List of 10 most significant publications listed in an internationally acceptable format;
- The nominee’s brief CV and her complete list of publications are also to be uploaded, separately, onto the online platform.
Deadline: The deadline for receiving nominations is May 12, 2021.