The World Academy of Sciences (TWAS) is offering the TWAS─Abdool Karim Award in Biological Sciences for African Women Scientists in Italy in 2023.
The award is designed to honour women scientists in Least Developing African countries for their achievements in Biological Sciences.
Worth of Award
The award carries a cash offer of USD 5,000.
A nomination is considered complete only if it includes all of the following information/material:
- Nominator contact details;
- Nominee contact details (self nominations and nominations from jury members are not accepted) and general information on the nominee, including the country where she has been working and living in the past 2 years;
- Authorization from the nominee (i.e. the candidate) to process her personal data for the purposes of her nomination, in conformity to Art. 13 of the Italian Legislative Decree 196/2003.
- Suggested citation (15-20 words highlighting the nominee’s scientific achievements in Biological Sciences);
- Supporting statement regarding the nominee’s contribution in Biological Sciences. Supporting statements should explain in detail the work performed by the candidate and its significance in the relevant scientific context. Clear reference should be made to the scientific impact of the nominee’s work. Vague supporting statements will not be considered and will negatively affect the evaluation;
- Clear and detailed account of any time spent abroad by the nominee in the past two years;
- PhD: information on subject area, year and awarding institution;
- Brief information on membership in academies and societies;
- Brief information on awards and honours received;
- List of 10 most significant publications listed in an internationally acceptable format;
- The nominee’s brief CV and her complete list of publications are also to be uploaded, separately, onto the online platform.
- The nominee’s h-index in Google Scholar and the associated number of citations.
How to Apply
Apply online via the official website.
Deadline: The deadline for receiving nominations for the TWAS─Abdool Karim Award is April 18, 2023. However it is strongly recommend that you do not wait until the deadline but submit the nomination as early as you can to enable us to process it as quickly as possible.