Innovate Ventures invites applications from an early-stage startup based in the Somali region for their 2020 accelerator programme.
Innovate Ventures is the leading Somali start-up accelerator and technology fund. The program partners with VC4A, Telesom, and Oxfam as part of Work in Progress! project. To date, the program has graduated over 50 start-ups and has invested almost $100,000 in its graduates.
Through our flagship programme – Innovate Accelerator Programme (IAP), they invest in and support great teams with cool ideas to help build a world-class business through an intensive three-month programme. As part of the acceleration package, you will receive training, mentorship by domain experts, access to an extensive business network, visibility, and a chance to get investment.
Worth of Award
- 12-week intensive training and mentoring on business and operational skills
- Access to leading telecoms and banks in the Somaliland and Somalia
- Pitching in front of local and international investors
- Features in local and international media
- Equity funding for at least 3 startups of up to $30,000.
- Your business is based in Somaliland or Somalia
- The founders are between 18-35 years old
- The founders are committed to attending the accelerator programme in Hargeisa
- Your business is technology-oriented
How to Apply
- Complete the application form before the deadline to qualify for the accelerator program.
- You will hear back from them within four weeks whether your start-up has been selected.
- If selected, you will be asked to participate in their 1-week pre-accelerator bootcamp. After the bootcamp, 12 startups will advance to the main program. The program will take place in Hargeisa.
Deadline: Registrations close June 30, 2020.