The Merck Group is offering a series of research grants to stimulate innovative research in challenging areas of future importance in 2021.
The deep-dive workshops will take place in November and December 2021. Finalists will work together with Merck managers and scientists to jointly optimize submitted project proposals. The culmination of the deep-dive workshops will be the selection of the research grant winners.
Worth of Award
In 2021, they are offering a series of research grants to stimulate innovative research in challenging areas of future importance. Grants of 40,000 € – 450,000 € per year for up to 3 years are available in the areas as further specified below.
- Drug Discovery – 3 grants comprising 350,000 €/year for 3 years with the option of extension.
- Real time testing and sensors – grant comprising between 100,000 – 500,000 $/year for 2 years with the option of extension
- Nanoparticle for nucleic acid delivery – grant comprising between 100,000 – 300,000 $/year for 2 years with the option of extension
- Digital Innovation – 3 grants comprising 40,000 – 100,000 € for 1 year with the option of extension
- Bioelectronics – grant comprising 150,000 €/year for 3 years
- Sustainability – grant/s to be negotiated on a case by case basis
- Media recycling for cultured meat – grant/s to be negotiated on a case by case basis
- Organoids – grant/s to be negotiated on a case by case basis
- The Merck research grants program is open to scientists in all career stages who are affiliated with any research-based institution, university or company.
- Submissions are accepted from scientists in all countries all over the world.
How to Apply
- Applicants submit their application for the focus topics containing non-confidential information only.
- You may apply for more than one focus topic. If your application is successful, you will be invited to submit a full proposal and join a deep-dive workshop with the other finalists in 2021.
- To submit an application, investigators must first register with our online portal. On your first visit, you will need to register (click “register” in the online form) with a valid email address. Your registration link will then be forwarded to this email address. Refer to the FAQ section for details.
Deadline: Submissions will be accepted until August 31, 2021 23:59 CEST for the Drug discovery, Bioreactor design, Next generation machine learning topics. For the Pandemic preparedness topic, there is no fixed deadline, since applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis so that we are able to provide a quicker response in these challenging times.