The Merck Group is offering a series of research grants to stimulate innovative research in challenging areas of future importance in 2022.
The deep-dive workshops will take place in November and December 2021. Finalists will work together with Merck managers and scientists to jointly optimize submitted project proposals. The culmination of the deep-dive workshops will be the selection of the research grant winners.
Worth of Award
In 2022, they are offering a series of research grants to stimulate innovative research in challenging areas of future importance. Grants of up to 500,000 € per year for up to 3 years are available in the areas as further specified below.
- Drug discovery – 3 grants comprising up to 500,000 €/year for 3 years with the option of extension.
- AI for predictive diagnostics & therapeutic target discovery – grant comprising between 100,000 – 300,000 $/year for 2 years with the option of extension
- Chemistry in the cloud – Rapid synthesis through automation – 1 grant comprising 100,000 €/year for 3 years
- Innovation within green chemistry – 1 grant comprising 100,000 € for 1 year with potential further collaboration
- Sustainability in healthcare R&D – 1 grant comprising 100,000 € for 1 year
- The Merck research grants program is open to scientists in all career stages who are affiliated with any research-based institution, university or company.
- Submissions are accepted from scientists in all countries all over the world.
How to Apply
- Applicants submit their application for the focus topics containing non-confidential information only.
- You may apply for more than one focus topic. If your application is successful, you will be invited to submit a full proposal and join a deep-dive workshop with the other finalists in 2022.
- To submit an application, investigators must first register with our online portal. On your first visit, you will need to register (click “register” in the online form) with a valid email address. Your registration link will then be forwarded to this email address. Refer to the FAQ section for details.
Deadline: Submissions will be accepted until August 31, 2022 23:59 CEST for the Drug discovery, Bioreactor design, Next generation machine learning topics. For the Pandemic preparedness topic, there is no fixed deadline, since applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis so that we are able to provide a quicker response in these challenging times.