The German Federal Ministry for Economic Cooperation and Development (BMZ) offers supports measures by privately-owned companies that significantly alleviate the negative impact of the corona pandemic in developing or emerging-market countries in 2020.
develoPPP.de was set up by the German Federal Ministry for Economic Cooperation and Development (BMZ) over 20 years ago to foster the involvement of the private sector in areas where business opportunities and development policy initiatives overlap. To this end, BMZ offers financial and technical support for companies that want to do business or have already begun operating in developing and emerging-market countries. The company is responsible for covering at least half of the overall costs.
Worth of Award
- Suitable projects can be funded with up to 200.000 EUR, in exceptional cases and in compliance with EU law higher funding may be possible.
- The public contribution can reach up to 100% of the project costs.
The programme is open for German and European companies as well as companies from developing or emerging market countries that:
- have an annual turnover of at least EUR 400,000
- have records of two operational financial years
- are registered in the EU, a member country of the European Free Trade Association (EFTA) or a country on the OECD DAC list
How to Apply
- Interested companies can submit their project proposals in the context of COVID-19 Response at any given time until September 30, 2020 to Deutsche Investitions- und Entwicklungsgesellschaft (DEG) or Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ).
- The submitted proposals will be evaluated in a fast track process and – if approved – fleshed out in cooperation with the chosen partner.
- Please send your completed application documents directly to [email protected] or de[email protected] Regardless of where you submit your application, DEG and GIZ are making sure that you will receive the ideal partner for your project.
Deadline: The deadline for submitting your application is September 30, 2020.