Georgetown University, USA, invites applications for its 2019-2020 MSFS Masters Scholarship for African students to study international relations. The scholarship provides full tuition coverage for the Master of Science in Foreign Service for a student from Côte d’Ivoire, Ghana, Kenya, Liberia, Nigeria, Senegal, or South Africa.
The Science and Public Leadership Fellowship for master’s students from Africa is made possible by a number of organizations with a deep commitment to the role of science in public life.
The 2019-2020 scholarship recipients are expected to start the Master of Science in Foreign Service (MSFS) at Georgetown University in fall 2018 with the full-tuition covered by the scholarship.
- MSFS is a two-year, full-time graduate degree program in international affairs.
- Students will take courses in international relations, international trade, international finance, statistics and analytical tools and history.
- In addition, students choose an area of concentration such as Global Politics and Security, International Development or Global Business and Finance.
Worth of Awards
- Full-tuition coverage for the MSFS program. You only pay for your living expenses
Applicants must have:
- A completed undergraduate degree from an accredited university and a strong academic record;
- One set of standardized test scores: TOEFL/IELTS or GRE/GMAT. Please contact them directly if you have questions about tests.
- Completion of a course in microeconomics and a course in macroeconomics, or ability to complete both courses before August 1 of their matriculating year;
- Professional work experience, ideally in a field related to their future professional goals. Students have an average of four years of work experience prior to joining MSFS.
- Special consideration will be given to applicants from: Côte d’Ivoire, Ghana, Kenya, Liberia, Nigeria, Senegal, South Africa.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit all required application materials online:
- online application
- personal statement
- official transcripts and test scores
- letters of recommendation.
The scholarship will be awarded based on the strength of the student’s application in the admissions process.
Deadline: The application deadline for fall 2019 is January 15, 2019.
For more details and to apply online, click here