Any Ethiopian undergraduate regular student of the Addis Ababa University, 2nd year or higher, at one of the units listed below, and having a Cumulative GPA of 3.00 and above is invited to apply for the 15th (2011-2012) Aklilu Lemma Scholarship Awards.
Criteria for Selection
- You must have a CGPA of 3.0 or Higher; Weighted 75% of Total.
- Strong Confidential Letter of Recommendation by Relevant Department or Faculty testifying to the applicant’s serious commitment to his/her studies, good conduct and other achievements including active participation in extra & co-curricular activities and community services; Weighted 20% of Total.
- Short ‘Personal Statement’ Essay, not exceeding one type written page, to allow the applicant to emphasize any particular/outstanding aspect of his/her application; Weighted 5% of Total.
- 25 meritorious students will be screened and selected by ALF committees at different levels to be recipients of the Aklilu Lemma scholarship awards for the 2011/2012 academic year
- ALF will strive to ensure participation of female students who fulfill the minimum CGPA requirement of 3.00
- successful applicants will be awarded a certificate of merit, a monthly stipend of Ethiopian Birr 200.00 during the 2011/2012 academic year, and some other educational support
- the scholarship award is tenable for one year and is renewable until graduation, provided the awardee maintains the CGPA required for renewal to be specified by faculty/school/institute committees at the time of selection
- for any additional information, potential applicants can contact their assistant deans, who are designated by the ALF governing body as the representatives of their respective faculty/school/institute.
• ALF does not provide scholarship for a student who is receiving scholarship/grant from another award scheme
How to Apply
Please Pick Up (i) the Application Form and (ii) the ALF recommendation letter form from your Faculty Or from the Central ALF Office Located in the College of Natural Sciences; Freshman/Marshal Building (Room 106) and Submit complete Application to the Central ALF Office.
Deadline: Both NEW & RENEWAL Applications must be submitted on or before 16th August/2011.
For more information, and to apply, visit their website by clicking here.
The detailed programme information can be downloaded by clicking here (PDF).