Durham University, North Carolina, USA seeks applications for the 2014/15 EU-sponsored Durham International Fellowships for Research and Enterprise (DIFeREns) . The fellowship allows scholars, researchers, policy makers or practitioners from around the world and across the full spectrum of science, social science, arts and humanities to address themes of global significance in collaboration with Durham’s Research Institutes and researchers.
Up to 17 Fellowship will be available in (2014-15): 10 Senior Research Fellowships and 7 Policy and Enterprise Fellowships.
Worth of Awards: Successful applicants will be communicated on the value of the fellowship.
- Applications are encouraged from individuals who wish to work on collaborative research projects with one of Durham University’s thematic Institutes or with the Durham University Business School (DUBS) :
- Biophysical Sciences Institute (BSI)
- Durham Energy Institute (DEI)
- Durham Global Security Institute (DGSI)
- Institute of Advanced Research Computing (iARC)
- Institute of Computational Cosmology (ICC)
- Institute of Hazard, Risk and Resilience (IHRR)
- Institute of Medieval and Early Modern Studies (IMEMS)
- Institute of Particle Physics Phenomenology (IPPP)
- Wolfson Research Institute (WRI)
- However, applications are also welcome from individuals wishing to collaborate on a research project associated with other research groups or Research Centres at Durham University.
- To be eligible, in line with the terms of funding set by Marie Curie, “researchers must not have resided or carried out their main activity (work, studies, etc) in the country of their host organisation for more than 12 months in the 3 years immediately prior to the reference date. Compulsory national service and/or short stays such as holidays are not taken into account”.
How to Apply
- Before applying, applicants must seek the agreement of a Durham academic to act as their host.
- For further details about both categories of Fellowship and how to apply please consult the ‘2013-14 Senior Fellowship Scheme -Further Particulars’ document below.