Amref Health Africa invites applications for the Innovate Now Cohort 2.0 Assistive Technology Venture Accelerator in Kenya, in 2021.
Worth of Award
- Access to Kenya-based and global mentors and subject matter experts
- Access to our growing network of virtual Live-Labs-A unique concept that allows you to test, get feedback and validate directly with persons with disabilities across Kenya.
- Technical Assistance: tangible, direct support relating to what’s needed for your startup to succeed: legal, marketing, fundraising, experimental design, pitching and investor readiness.
- Access to their global inclusive innovation ecosystem and partner network across organisations of persons with disabilities, universities, funders, Assistive Technology experts, disability experts, inclusive design experts, corporates and NGOs.
- Access to Investor readiness support and our funding ecosystem e.g. AT2030 Scale Fund
- Geography: East Africa
- Stage: Seed-stage ventures past proof-of-concept with MVP and some traction (e.g. users, paying customers, working product)
- Sector: AT and mobile-focused Startup ventures
- Legal Entity: Both for-profit and non-profit social enterprises registered in any East Africa country or with demonstrated presence in East Africa Community
- Inclusive Participation: Persons with disabilities and women highly encouraged to apply.
- Age: Applicants must be of legal working age in Kenya (18 years) or guaranteed by a guardian of legal working age. They must have all the legal rights to work in Kenya.
They are looking for:
- Innovation-driven startups who are improving access to employment for persons with disabilities through assistive technology access.
- Innovative, execution focused-agile problem solvers
- Authentic mission drive founder(s)
- Teams with a culture of empathy, continuous learning and problem solving
- Structured and efficient teams (defined ownership, commitment, roles and accountability) and organisation (systems, processes and resources)?
How to Apply
Applicants will be subject to the Innovate Now Selection process by a panel of expert judges.
By applying, participants agree to be bound by the decision and rules of the programme.
All applications must be submitted through the official registration form on the Innovate Now website.
Deadline: All applications must be submitted within the application period window