Kwameh Nkurumah University, Ghana calls on outstanding and intelligent candidates to apply for its 2014 Masters/ PHd fellowships.
The scholarship includes two (2) vacancies for PhD studies and Five (5) partial scholarships for MSc/MPhil studies to develop specialized expertise for elaborate design and testing of solutions to selected critical constraints in the root and tuber value chain. The two broad areas of interest are:
- Food science: Testing properties of existing and novel products, and product development
- Business economics: evaluating cost structures and returns on investment, and identifying feasible business models in various production, distribution and consumption scenarios.
Only applications from candidates that fulfill the criteria below will be considered:
- An MSc/ MPhil degree in Food Science, Agricultural Economics, Agribusiness Management, Economics, Business Economics, or MBA in Marketing, Strategic Management & Management Consulting, International Business, Entrepreneurship, and Logistics & Supply Chain Management; has been completed at the time of application
- Candidate must not be more than 40 years at time of application.
- Candidate must not already be enrolled in a sponsored PhD programme at Kwame Nkrumah University of Science and Technology or any other university.
- The candidate will be enrolled at a relevant Department/Faculty at Kwame Nkrumah University of Science and Technology;
- The candidate will have a principal supervisor from the University of enrolment and a co-supervisor from one of the Danish universities in the consortium;
- The scholarships are implemented as a “sandwich-model”, where the candidate stays up to a maximum of 6 weeks in Denmark per year
- The offered scholarships will have a 3 year duration;
- The candidate will undertake research relevant to one of the focus areas.
How to Apply
Application forms should be downloaded online
- Applications are to be submitted to: Dr. Robert Aidoo, Department of Agricultural Economics, Agribusiness & Extension, KNUST, and Dr. Faustina Dufie Wireko-Manu, Department of Food Science & Technology, KNUST.
- Applicants must submit soft copies of the application form and the attachments in one pdf file to:[email protected] ; and [email protected]
- Annex A. Certified copy of all University Degrees and transcripts; where applicable
- Annex B. Brief Curriculum Vitae (max. 2 pages)
- Annex C. Publication list, especially for PhD scholarship applicants
- Annex D. A sample of own scientific writing (max. 10 page)-for PhD scholarship applicants
- Annex E. Project synopsis (based on any of the focus areas of the project)- maximum two pages
For further Enquiries (especially on detailed project description) Contact:
- Dr. Robert Aidoo (+233 244 544 929) OR
- Dr. Faustina Dufie Wireko-Manu (+233 247 168 419/020 7010712)
Deadline: application closes on likely May 2014. No firm date announced yet
Click here for more details and to apply online