Applications are now being accepted into the fully-funded Nigeria LNG Postgraduate Scholarship Scheme for entry into Master’s Programmes in the United Kingdom in September 2014. The 2014 NLNG Postgraduate Scholarship is administered by the British Council in Nigeria to ensure independence and fairness.
Worth of Awards
The scholarship will cover among others:
- full tuition fees;
- a monthly stipend towards living expenses;
- one return ticket from Nigeria to the United kingdom;
Criteria for Award
Potential beneficiaries must:
- Be entering into a Master’s programme in Engineering, Geosciences, Environmental Sciences, Management Sciences, Information Technology, Law and Medicine
- Possess a 2nd Class Upper degree in a relevant field of study
- Have completed the NYSC programme
- Be no more than 30 years of age
- Be Nigerian nationals resident in Nigeria
- Provide identification documents from their L.G.A.s
- Provide evidence that they are available to travel in September 2014 if selected
A wide range of courses will be covered, including those listed below.
- Geosciences (Geophysics, Geology)
- Engineering (Petroleum Engineering, Oil and Gas Engineering, Petrochemical Engineering, Subsea Engineering, Chemical Engineering)
- Law (the various specialist areas)
- Medicine (the various specialist areas)
- Environmental Studies
- Management Sciences (Economics, Accountancy, Banking & Finance
- Information Technology
How to Apply
- The application form is to be completed and submitted along with a coloured recent passport photo of the applicant.
- Documents are not to be attached to the form as these will not be accepted.
- Applications into the NLNG Postgraduate Scholarship Scheme will be received only via email at [email protected]. Exceptions will be given only to applicants with ‘special needs’.
- Due to the large number of applications, they are unable to enter into correspondence with applicants and will contact only those who are successfully shortlisted.
- Short listed applicants will be expected to write an aptitude test which they will have to pass to move on to the next stage of the application process.
- Candidates may also have to write and pass the compulsory IELTS test before awards will be confirmed to successful candidates. The mark required is a minimum score of 6.0 in each sub section and a minimum overall score of 6.5
Deadline: Midnight, November 15, 2013. Applications received after this time will not be accepted.
You have more questions about the NLNG Postgraduate Scholarship? Then download the FAQ document here.
Application form for the scholarships can be downloaded here.
Completed application form, along with an attached coloured passport photograph of the applicant should be submitted via email to[email protected].