The University of Queensland invites applications for a PhD scholarship in Modelling of multiscale multiphase flow in complex fracture networks in the 2020/2021 academic year.
Understanding the dynamics of two-phase flow in fractured porous media with deformation is important in numerous environmental and energy engineering processes. A PhD candidate is being sought to contribute to the development of new methodology for modelling of multiscale multiphase flow in complex fracture networks.
The aim of this research is the delivery of efficient modelling tool capable of predicting water and gas flow in stress-sensitive subsurface environments, and assessing their impact on fluid production or injection, reservoir stress and related technologies. Potential applications of this method include: enhanced natural gas production from coal seams; improved CO2 geo-sequestration; mitigation of environmental damage associated with produced water management; and other disciplines where modelling porous media with natural fracturing is currently limited.
Worth of Award
- $28,092 per annum tax free (2020 rate), indexed annually.
Applicants with excellent academic record and research experience in any of the following areas are encouraged to apply:
- Engineering (Petroleum, Chemical, Mining, Mechanical, Civil and Environmental), or
- Other related disciplines (such as Applied Mathematics, Physics and Fluid Mechanics)
Demonstrated skills of analytical solution derivation and numerical simulation related to coupled fluid flow and reservoir deformation will be favourable.
How to Apply
To apply for admission and scholarship, follow the link on the upper right of their page. There is no separate application for scholarship because you will have the opportunity to request scholarship consideration on the application for admission.
Before submitting an application you should:
- check your eligibility
- prepare your documentation
- contact Dr Zhenjiang You ([email protected]) to discuss your suitability for this scholarship
When you apply, please ensure that under the scholarships and collaborative study section you:
- Select ‘My higher degree is not collaborative’
- Select ‘I am applying for, or have been awarded a scholarship or sponsorship’.
- Select ‘Other’, then ‘Research Project Scholarship’ and type in ‘MULTIPHASE FLOW‘ in the ‘Name of scholarship’ field.
Deadline: Applications close on March 31, 2020.