The East-West: The Art of Dialogue initiative offers an annual exchange program, the Gabr Fellowship, for young emerging leaders from the East and the West to join forces to develop and implement projects addressing critical issues in their countries, in 2020
The Gabr Fellows, leveraging their expertise and the depth of the exchange, work together in teams of both American and Egyptian members on collaborative action projects.
The projects address common challenges facing Eastern and Western societies. They also help to achieve the goals of the East-West: The Art of Dialogue initiative and ensure the program’s sustainability and impact well beyond the term of the exchange.
Moreover, the projects serve to broaden the impact of the Gabr Fellowship to the Fellows’ peers, communities and societies with the goal of sustainable bridge-building across both the east and west.
Worth of Award
- In order to maximize the benefits of the Fellowship, Fellows will share rooms. Each room will house one American Fellow and one Egyptian Fellow of the same gender. There will be no exceptions and Fellows are expected to stay in the hotel for the duration of the program.
- All lodging, travel, and meals are covered by the Foundation. However, American Fellows are responsible for their transportation to and from the US airport and Egyptian Fellows are responsible for their travel to and from Cairo.
- All Fellows must have a regular passport valid for at least six months after the Fellowship program is finalized. Fellows are not allowed to travel on official or diplomatic passports.
- All applicants must have English language proficiency.
- They accept applications from the United States, Egypt, the UK, Jordan, Lebanon, and France.
- Egyptian applicants cannot have visited the United States previously, and United States applicants cannot have travelled to Egypt. If you are an applicant from France, the UK, Jordan, or Lebanon you should not have visited the US or Egypt.
How to Apply
- Apply online via their website
- Please note that only applicants who make it to the next stage of the application process will be contacted.
Deadline: All applications must be submitted by March 31, 2020