The Australian National University invites applications for the Futures of Demography PhD Scholarship in the 2021/2022 academic session.
Each year the ANU College of Arts & Social Sciences (“the College”) may offer a number of awards known as the “ANU Futures of Demography PhD Scholarship” (“the Award”).
The objective of the Award is to support high achieving domestic and international PhD students who are conducting research in demography at the Australian National University.
Funding for this Award has been provided by the ANU Futures Scheme Grant, through the School of Demography, ANU College of Arts and Social Sciences
Worth of Award
- HDR Fee Remission Merit Scholarship: International recipients will also be awarded an HDR Fee Remission Merit Scholarship, to cover the International Student Fees for the standard duration of the Higher Degree Research (HDR) program, subject to the recipient being ranked as competitive in a merit-based selection process.
- Relocation Reimbursement: A reimbursement may be claimed as a one-off payment to recipients, to assist with relocation costs, including those in respect of the recipient’s spouse, de facto partner, and dependent child or children, incurred in commencing their HDR program. Where a claim for a relocation reimbursement is in respect of a recipient’s spouse, de facto partner, or dependent child or children, they must accompany the recipient to Canberra, or join the recipient in Canberra within 12 months of the recipient commencing their HDR program. Recipients who are resident outside the Australian Capital Territory or who are permanently resident outside Australia at the time of application are eligible to receive a one-off relocation reimbursement, capped at a maximum of $1,000 for Domestic students, or $2,500 for International students, towards the costs of moving to Canberra to take up their eligible HDR program.
- Thesis Reimbursement: Reimbursements are paid to recipients of the Award to assist with ancillary costs while undertaking an eligible HDR program. Recipients receive a one-off reimbursement of up to $500 for services associated with the production of their thesis.
The Award will be available each year to a prospective or continuing student/s who:
- is a domestic and/or international student; and
- holds a Bachelor degree with first-class honours, or a Master degree with a research component or equivalent from a recognised university; and
- is enrolled or enrolling full-time in a PhD program in the Research School of Social Sciences, supervised in the School of Demography.
How to Apply
- Applicants who enrolled or enrolling full‐time in a PhD program in the Research School of Social Sciences, supervised in the School of Demography, are eligible for consideration for this scholarship.
- Please provide information via the ANU College of Arts and Social Sciences PhD Scholarship form
Deadline: application is ongoing