The Fenner School of Environment & Society invites applications from international and domestic students for its PhD Scholarship for the 2022/2023 academic session.
Each year the ANU Fenner School of Environment and Society, in the ANU College of Science, may offer one or more awards known The objective of the award is to attract the highest calibre of international and domestic students to pursue postgraduate research for a PhD degree within the Fenner School.
ANU is a world-leading university in Australia’s capital city, Canberra. Our location points to our unique history, ties to the Australian Government and special standing as a resource for the Australian people. Their focus on excellence in research and education ensures their graduates are in demand the world over, well-prepared to address complex contemporary challenges.
Worth of Award
- $28,854 per annum
- In addition to the fortnightly stipend, the scholarship also provides the following benefits:
- Dependent Child Allowance (for international recipients)
- Relocation Allowance
- Thesis reimbursement
The award will be available each year to a student who is:
- Either a domestic or an international student; and
- Enrolling full-time in a program of study for the degree of Doctor of Philosophy, in the Fenner School of Environment & Society, at the Australian National University.
- Selection will be made on the basis of an assessment of the student’s research potential. This will take into account a measure of the applicant’s overall performance in undergraduate, and (if any) Master’s coursework, as well as an assessment of their most recent graded research writing (thesis) and accomplishments (research publications, awards, referee evaluation).
- The award will be offered to a student by a selection committee convened and chaired by the FSES Associate Director (HDR) (or nominee), which will include the Director, Associate Directors and academic staff from within FSES.
How to Apply
There is no application as students are automatically considered based on them meeting the eligibility criteria or conditions prescribed under the Eligibility section of the Conditions of Award.
Deadline: application is ongoing