Tianjin Institute of Industrial Biotechnology, Chinese Academy of Sciences is inviting applications for the Belt & Road Fellowship Initiative of Tianjin Synthetic Biology Program (BRFI) in China 2021.
The Belt & Road Fellowship Initiative of Tianjin Synthetic Biology Program (BRFI), is a program to fund outstanding foreign scholars to conduct collaborative research in Tianjin Institute of Industrial Biotechnology (TIB), Chinese Academy of Sciences. It is open to outstanding scholars from the Belt and Road countries, with preferred funding for outstanding scholars from ANSO members, the COMSATS member countries and its International S&T Centres of Excellence.
Worth of Award
- Category A for long-term (1~2 years) visiting and postdoctoral scholars with a fund of 250,000 RMB/year.
- Category B for short-term (less than 6 months) visiting scholars with the fund of no more than 100,000 RMB
- Be from the Belt & Road countries and engaged in R&D.
- Hold a Ph.D. degree in the area of biology, biotechnology, chemistry, chemical engineering and other fields related to synthetic biology.
- Be capable of carrying out research work independently.
- Have publications in internationally prestigious journals.
- Have a suitable collaborator at the TIB.
- Generally aged 50 for visiting scholar, while 35 for postdoctoral scholars.
How to Apply
- The qualified applicant prepares the BRFI application form and brief proposal, as well as other relevant application documents, including:
- A copy of the cooperation agreement signed between applicant and TIB collaborator.
- A copy of the applicant’s Ph.D. degree diploma.
- Recommendation letters: for postdoctoral scholar applicant, two recommendation letters are required from the formal organization among which one must be from the Ph.D. supervisor; for visiting scholar applicant, 3 recommendation letters are required from a current organization by the principal investigator of his/her lab, the head of International Cooperation Department and R&D Department, respectively.
- The first-page copies of selected publications (no more than 5 publications).
- A copy of the information page of the applicants’ passport.
- A color photograph taken within the last 6 months.
- Other related documents for the application if helpful for the application.
- The applicant authorizes his/her TIB collaborator to submit the relevant application documents to the program office at TIB.
- The applicant shall be responsible for the authenticity of the application documents; the brief proposal requires two versions in Chinese and English, respectively.
- All application documents should be submitted in both electronic and paper versions.
- In this program, the Belt & Road countries refer to those countries or International organizations which have signed the agreements related to Belt and Road Initiative with the Chinese government or agencies.
- All funded scholars are supported to apply for other programs such as PIFI of CAS.
Deadline: All positions will be open until filled.