U.S. Embassy in Algeria is inviting applications for its Fullbright Foreign Student Program for Masters Degree in the USA for the 2021/2022 academic session.
The Fulbright Foreign Student Program (formerly Fulbright JSD) is a non-degree program funded by the U.S. Department of State in Washington, D.C. and administered by the Department of State’s Bureau of Educational and Cultural Affairs and the Institute of International Education (IIE) in New York.
The Fulbright Program enables Algerian students to pursue graduate-level study in the United States of America. Participants also have the unique opportunity to experience life in the United States and share Algeria’s unique culture and traditions with Americans. Participants are chosen through a merit-based, open competition in which leadership potential, academic excellence and ability to adjust to life in the U.S. are all considered.
Worth of Award
- Tuition and required fees for graduate study in the U.S.
- Book and equipment allowances.
- Monthly Stipend for room & board.
- Supplemental health and accident coverage plan.
- Opportunities to participate in Fulbright Enrichment Programs
- Must be an Algerian citizen; individuals of other nationalities cannot apply in Algeria.
U.S. citizens or green card holders are not eligible to apply.
- Must reside in the country throughout the application, selection and placement process.
(Optional): Must have two years of professional work experience.
- Must hold a Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution (4 years program under the
classical system or 5 years program under the LMD system (License plus M1/M2
- Must have a strong academic background.
- Must be proficient in English with a minimum TOEFL IBT score of 92 or an IELTS
score of 6.5 overall (no single band under 6).
- Preference is given to students who have little or no previous experience studying or
living in the United States.
How to Apply
- Online applications are available at U.S. Embassy Algiers website:
- Applications and materials must be submitted through the Slate platform system
- Applicants will be required to submit along with the online application:
- Translated academic transcripts and diplomas along with copies of the original
documents. Translated documents must be done by a sworn translation office.
- TOEFL or IELTS scores no more than two years old and GRE General Score. The
GMAT score is required for applicants applying for MBA programs only.
- An up-to-date CV detailing all prior education and work experience.
- Three letters of reference. If letters of reference are in French or Arabic, an official
translated version in English is needed.
- A personal statement in English up to 600 words in length.
- A research proposal in English relating to the field of study (if applicable).
Deadline: application closes May 2, 2021.