The Asian Institute of Technology invites applications for the Regional Integrated Multi-Hazard Early Warning System for Africa and Asia (RIMES) Scholarship in Thailand for the 2020/2021 academic session.
The Regional Integrated Multi-Hazard Early Warning System for Africa and Asia (RIMES) Scholarship support for brighter students to pursue a post-graduate degree in a preferred discipline (Disaster Preparedness, Mitigation, and Management) at the Asian Institute of Technology, Thailand.
The Asian Institute of Technology promotes technological change and sustainable development in the Asian-Pacific region through higher education, research, and outreach. Established in Bangkok in 1959, AIT has become a leading regional postgraduate institution and is actively working with public and private sector partners throughout the region and with some of the top universities in the world.
Worth of Award
Tuition Fee 48 Credits and Registration Fees for a maximum of 4 Semesters
- Any Country but preferably RIMES member countries;
- Applicant must fulfil the AIT Entry Requirements;
- Hold a Bachelor degree (normally from a four-year program), or its equivalent, in an appropriate field of study from an institution of good standing acceptable to AIT;
- Have undergraduate grades significantly above average; the minimum CGPA requirement for admission to the Master’s Program is 2.75 or equivalent, at the Bachelor degree level;
- English Proficiency Requirement: IELTS-Academic or AIT EET score of above 5.0.
- The candidate would be shortlisted by a joint evaluation committee comprising DPMM Program Chair and Director, RIMES. The student shall be allowed to pursue research on one of the RIMES ongoing project activities.
- Academic Program eligible for Scholarship is Disaster Preparedness Mitigation and Management (DPMM, SET – SERD)
How to Apply
Apply online via their website
Deadline: applications must be submitted on or before May 30, 2020