Tianjin University is currently accepting applications from international students for its International Student Scholarship in China for the 2021/2022 academic session.
Tianjin University School of International Education was established in January 2000, it is one of the secondary schools of Tianjin University. The school of International Educational takes enrollment, teaching administration, social administration and services functions of international students at Tianjin University for its main task, and also undertakes the Chinese language teaching for international students.
Worth of Award
- Type A
- Living allowance:1400RMB /month (10 months in total)
- Type B
- Type C
- Applicants must be non-Chinese citizens with a valid passport. Applicants of mainland China, Hong Kong, Macau, and Taiwan who have immigrated to other countries should meet the conditions set by the Document No.83of Ministry of Education of the PRC〔2009〕.
- A bachelor’s Degree program applicant should hold a high school diploma and be under the age of 30. Applicants who are still under the age of 18 as of September 1, 2020, must submit the original guardian certificate issued by the Tianjin District Notary Office, and the Guardian must be a permanent resident of Tianjin.
- Language proficiency requirements
- Chinese-taught programs applicants need to submit HSK certificates. A minimum requirement of HSK4 (Score 195 or above) for Engineering/Science or HSK5 (Score 180 or above) for business/liberal arts is needed.
- English-taught programs applicants need to submit an English proficiency certificate (English native speakers are exempted). TOEFL: no less than 80, IELTS: no less than 6.0.
- Applicants should have good conduct, good physical and mental health, and be willing to abide by the laws and regulations of China and Tianjin University.
How to Apply
- Applicants should complete an Online Application on their website
- Applicants must submit their applications with the following Application Materials;
- Scan of the highest diploma or original notarized diploma. (Scan of pre-graduation certificate is required if the applicants have not gained a certificate. Please resubmit the notarized copy of highest diploma before registration).
- Scan of a notarized copy of the academic transcripts or scan of international standardized test results (such as SAT/ACT/A-Level/AP/IB etc).
- Photocopy of passport.
- An applicant applying for programs taught in Chinese needs to submit an HSK certificate. Applicants whose mother tongue is Chinese or whose instruction language is Chinese during the highest educational level can be exempted from the HSK certificate. An applicant who has not met the requirement of the Chinese proficiency level should take a Chinese language course for one year, and start major studies when achieving the required HSK certificate.
- An applicant applying for programs taught in English needs to submit an English proficiency certificate.
- Applicants for art or architectural majors are requested to submit five sketches of the applicants’ own works.
- Applicants who are not in China at present must submit a scan of Certificate of Non-Criminal Records Performance Certificate.
- Applicants who are now in China must submit a scan of Photocopy of Visa and Transfer Certificate from the present school.
- Photocopy of Foreigner Physical Examination Form (The medical examinations must cover all the items listed in the Foreigner Physical Examination Form. Please select the appropriate time to have a medical examination as the medical results have a 6-month validity).
- Applicants used to be Chinese citizens but later immigrated to other countries who have to meet the conditions set by？the Document No.83of Ministry of Education of the PRC〔2009〕should to submit citizenship certificate and 4-year visa record.
Deadline: Applications close June 15, 2021