The Queen Mary University of London invites applications for the B. A Krukoff fellowship in Systematics to study MSc in Plant Fungal Taxonomy, Diversity and Conservation in the UK in the 2020/2021 academic year.
The bursary is provided by the Bentham-Moxon Trust B.A. Krukoff Fund to support a student wishing to focus their MSc research project on Tropical African botany. The bursary itself will be administered by RBG Kew.
Worth of Award
The fellowship covers:
- Full tuition fees
- The total value of the student bursary is up to £21,000.
- £18,000 is for the monthly stipend which covers accommodation allowance, subsistence, daily travel allowance and costs associated with the Madagascar field trip.
- For students based outside London, up to £3,000 is reserved for the costs of their visa application, the UK Healthcare surcharge fee (as specified on the UK Government website) and travel to and from their home town/country at the beginning and end of the course.
- The relevant tuition fees will be covered in addition to the bursary value.
- Have received an offer of a place on the Kew/QMUL Plant and Fungal Taxonomy Diversity and Conservation MSc programme for the 2020-21 academic year. Applicants who have received a conditional offer are also eligible to apply but, if awarded the bursary, they must fulfil all conditions of the offer no later than 31 August 2020.
- Demonstrate their experience in Tropical African botany*.
- Demonstrate how they will continue to work and have an impact in Tropical African Botany* after they complete the course.
- Note – In this context, we consider tropical Africa to comprise those countries that are members of the African Union, as per the following list of qualifying countries.
- The bursary recipient must:
- Be eligible to study in the UK. Non-EU applicants are advised to check the UK visa requirements and application processes as early as possible, to ensure that they receive a visa before the start of the course in September 2020.
- Not be in receipt of any other bursaries or grants for completion of an MSc in the 2020-21 academic year
How to Apply
To apply, please request an application form from [email protected]
Deadline: Applications close Tuesday, March 31, 2020.