The National Universities Commission is now accepting applications for the 2014-2015 Presidential Special Scholarship Scheme for Innovation and Development (PRESSID) for Nigerians to study at top universities around the world. PRESSID is part of efforts to achieve the goals of Vision 20:2020 and the Federal Government of Nigeria is using the scheme to develop a critical mass of professionals who would serve as catalysts of change and agents of scientific and technological advancement, as well as sustainable economic development.
Interested candidates should:
- be graduates from the 2010/2011 and 2011/2012 academic sessions, who would have completed their National Youth Service by October 2013;
- have obtained First Class Honours degree from any recognised and approved University in the following disciplines and aim at postgraduate degrees in the specified and allied disciplines:
- Sciences: Nuclear Physics, Operations Research, Industrial Chemistry, Quantitative Genetics, etc
- Basic Medical Sciences: Anatomy, Physiology, Medical Biochemistry, etc;
- Special Aspects of Biology: Biometrics, Molecular Biology, etc;
- Economics: Econometrics, Development Economics, etc;
- Engineering & Technology: Aeronautical Engineering, Mechatronics, Metallurgy, Material Science and Production Engineering, Nanotechnology, Cyber-Security, Software Engineering, etc;
- Medicine: Oncology, Human Genetics, Hepatology, Nuclear Medicine, Geriatrics, etc;
*In the case of Medicine, candidates must have a minimum of 2 Distinctions in their Part 3 and Part 4 MBBS examinations; In all cases, candidates must:
- be below 30 years of age by October 2013;
- be computer literate; and
- be ready to be bonded and to work, preferably, as academic staff in any public university or research institute for a minimum period of five (5) years.
Please note that universities in the United States of America require candidates to sit for the Graduate Record Exams (GRE) before they can secure admission.
How to Apply
- Applications are accepted via the online application form on their website
- When you are ready to apply, click the “Apply” button at the top of the page (find the link below)
- Read the instructions on the form carefully and follow it.
Only shortlisted candidate will be invited for further screening.
Deadline: November 8, 2013
For more information, and to apply online, click here