The University of Chinese Academy of Sciences (UCAS) invites applications f for itsThe Chinese Government Graduate Students Program, Sino-Africa Friendship Program, Silk Road Program for the 2021/2022 academic year.
In order to promote the mutual understanding and friendship, cooperation and exchanges in various fields between China and other countries, the Chinese government has set up scholarship programs to sponsor international students, teachers, and scholars to study or conduct research in Chinese universities.
Entrusted by the Ministry of Education of the People’s Republic of China, the University of Chinese Academy of Sciences (hereinafter referred to as ‘UCAS’) will recruit outstanding young graduate students from all over the world and provide them full scholarships. (The actual number of students to be recruited and majors to be offered will be dynamically adjusted as need).
Worth of Award
- Tuition fee: Successful PhD students who are awarded a scholarship are exempted from the tuition fee of RMB 40,000/year.
- Successful Master students who are awarded a scholarship are exempted from the tuition fee of RMB 30,000/year
- Application fee: Successful applicants who are awarded a scholarship are exempted from the application fee of RMB 600.
- Monthly stipend: Successful PhD applicants will receive a monthly stipend of RMB 5,000, of which RMB 1,500 will be provided by the supervisor or the CAS Institute the applicant is enrolled in.
- Successful Master applicants will receive a monthly stipend of RMB 3,500, of which RMB 500 will be provided by the supervisor or the CAS Institute the applicant is enrolled in.
- Medical Insurance: UCAS will buy insurance for successful applicants with the insurance premium RMB 800/person. Please see the website (www.lxbx.net) for the introduction of insurance coverage.
- To be eligible to receive the scholarship, the applicant must be a non-Chinese;
- Requirements on education background and age as follows:
- Applicants for master’s programs must have held a degree or diploma equivalent to a Chinese bachelor’s degree and the applicant should be no more than 35 years old.
- Applicants for PhD programs must have held a degree or diploma equivalent to a Chinese master’s degree and the applicant should be no more than 40 years old.
- As the education system in some countries is different from that in China, applicants from these countries can check the UCAS website for the specific requirements on applicants’ educational background.
- Applicants should meet the general admission criteria for international students (please refer to the 2021 Enrollment Guide for international students).
- Applicants must not have accepted any other sponsorship at the time of application and cannot accept any other sponsorship during the period of this scholarship.
- Applicants should study full time in the research institute he/she is enrolled in and are not allowed to take any other job during his/her studies
How to Apply
- Applicants should check their eligibility.
- Applicants should read this scholarship introduction carefully and make sure you are eligible to apply.
- Applicants should get the acceptance by a UCAS supervisor.
- Please check the official website of UCAS or the CAS institutes you want to apply for supervisors’ information.
- You can send your CV, research proposal and other required documents to a suitable supervisor and tell him/her that you wish to apply for this Scholarship.
- Applicants should submit online both your scholarship application and admission application.
- Please Log in to the Online CSC Application System, fill in and submit your scholarship application, then the system will automatically generate a CSC Application Form.
- Please Log in to the Online Admission System for International Students at UCAS, finish the required application procedures. Please check the International Students Enrollment Guide for the information you need.
- Applicants should remind your supervisor to log in to the system to complete the required procedures before the deadline.
- After the institute/college you apply for review your application and decide to admit you, the online application system will automatically send an email to your supervisor with the instructions to log in to the system and complete the required procedures.
Deadline: applications close March 31st, 2021 (Beijing Time)