The Chinese Government is currently accepting applications for the Belt and Road Program for outstanding International Students for graduate studies in China for the 2020/2021 academic year.
Wuhan University is one of the prestigious universities designated to undertake this program to recruit graduate students for Master and Doctoral study of Geospatial Information Technology, Software Engineering and Hydraulic Engineering Programs.
Wuhan University is a key university directly under the administration of the Ministry of Education of the People’s Republic of China. It is located in Wuhan, the capital of Hubei Province, and known as “the thoroughfare leading to nine provinces”.
Worth of Award
- Tuition and application fee waiver;
- Free accommodation;
- Living allowance: (PhD 3500RMB/per month, Master 3000RMB/per month);
- Comprehensive medical insurance.
- International travel expenses: self-afforded
- Full-time Master program applicants of non-Chinese nationality from Belt and Road countries and in good health.
- Applicants who apply for a master’s degree should be under 35 years old and have a bachelor’s degree.
- Applicants who apply for a doctoral degree should be under 40 years old and have a Master’s degree.
- Applicants of Chinese-medium programs should have at least an HSK level four certificate (Chinese Proficiency Test) when applying. Applicants who meet HSK level five or above can apply for the major study directly, those who have not reached HSK level five can apply to take Chinese language training courses for one year, and then move on to their degree study after meeting the requirement.
- Applicants whose native language is Chinese or can provide proof of studying at a previous institution where the teaching language is Chinese can apply for the HSK test waiver for further approval of Wuhan University.
- Applicants for English-medium programs should provide score reports of the English Language test. TOEFL requires 80, IELTS requires 5.5. For those who cannot offer the above mentioned standard English test results, can provide proof of studying at a previous institution where the teaching language is English, and additional oral or written English test organized by Wuhan University will be required to participate in.
- Native English-speaking applicants could be exempted from providing the above English proficiency certificate.
- Applicants who do not obtain other scholarships for new students.
How to Apply
- Firstly, register and submit your online application at the CSC Online Application System for International Students. The code of Wuhan University is10486. Please Choose Program category– type B which refers to scholarship programs responsible by Chinese universities under Chinese Government Scholarship. Please download and print a hard copy of the “Application Form for Chinese Government Scholarship” after you complete the form.
- Next, register and submit your online application at Wuhan University Online Application System for International Students. Please choose sources of funds — Chinese Government Scholarship Program, submit online the completed “Application Form for International Scholars and Students of Wuhan University” and required application documents listed below:
- Application Form for Chinese Government Scholarship (written in Chinese or English).
- Application Form for International Scholars and Students of Wuhan University (written in Chinese or English).
- Notarized highest diploma(degree certificate) and transcripts（the original and copy of each one, issued directly by your school/university or public notary office with an official stamp）. Prospective diploma recipients should submit an official pre-graduation certificate, transcript and on-school performance certificate issued by your current school. The pre-graduation certificate should prove not only your current student status, but also the expected degree certificate and graduation date. Documents in languages other than Chinese or English should attach notarized Chinese or English translations. (Bachelor Degree is required for Master programs and Master Degree is required for doctoral programs).
- Study plan, within 800 words, written in Chinese or in English.
- Two recommendation letters from either professors or associate professors, in Chinese or English.
- Scanned copy of a valid ordinary passport (personal information page, the validity of the passport should be at least until Dec. 31, 2020).
- Photocopy of Foreigner Physical Examination Form, filled in English or Chinese, can be downloaded
- Please carefully plan your physical examination schedule as the result is valid for only six months. Please keep the original copy of the form for the school registration.
- Valid HSK certificate is required if applying for the Chinese-medium program. Valid English level certificate for English-medium program (e. g TOEFL or IELTS).
- Acceptance letter from the professor of Wuhan University (if available).
Deadline: application closes April 20th, 2020