John Curtin School of Medical Research (JCSMR) is inviting applications for its PhD Scholarship in Australia for the 2021/2022 academic year.
Each year the John Curtin School of Medical Research (JCSMR) may offer 8-10 John Curtin School of Medical Research PhD Scholarship. The scholarship aims to attract students of high calibre, with research qualifications and/or expertise, to pursue graduate research involving a biomedical research project for a PhD degree at the JCSMR.
ANU is a world-leading university in Australia’s capital. Excellence is embedded in our approach to research and education.
Worth of Award
The scholarship covers;
- The scholarship provides a stipend paid fortnightly in arrears.
- There are also allowances for thesis reimbursement and paid medical, maternity and paternity leave.
- An award recipient is eligible to receive a reimbursement of up to
$840 for costs associated with the production of the thesis. The reimbursement must be
claimed in accordance with the Australian National University’s Thesis Allowance
The award will be available to a prospective student who:
- A domestic and/or international student;
- enrolled or enrolling full-time in a program of study for the degree of Doctor of Philosophy at the John Curtin School of Medical Research, Australian National University;
- holds an Australian Bachelor Honours degree with First Class Honours or equivalent, and has research publications and/or relevant experience
- Selection will be made on the basis of the applicant’s qualifications and research potential.
How to Apply
- There is no separate scholarship application as students are automatically considered based on them meeting the eligibility criteria or conditions prescribed under the Eligibility section
- Students wanting to be considered for the scholarship in semester 1 must have applied for admission by the 31st August the year prior (for international students), or 31st October the year prior (for domestic students).
- Students wanting to be considered for the scholarship in semester 2 must have applied for admission by the 31st May in the same year (for both international and domestic students).
Deadline: applications close for semester one in August 31st, the year prior (for international students), or October 31st, the year prior (for domestic students) and semester 2 must have applied for admission by the May 31st, in the same year (for both international and domestic students)