Wuhan University in China invites applications from International students for the Chinese Government Scholarship in the 2020/2021 academic session.
The Chinese Government Scholarship-Chinese University Program is a full scholarship established by the Ministry of Education to support Chinese universities to attract outstanding international students for graduate studies in China. Wuhan University is one of the prestigious universities designated to undertake this program to recruit graduate students for Master and Doctoral Programs.
Worth of Award
The Chinese government scholarship covers;
- Tuition and application fee waiver;
- Free accommodation;
- Living allowance: (PhD 3500RMB/per month, Master 3000RMB/per month);
- Comprehensive medical insurance;
- International travel expenses: self-afforded.
- Foreign citizenship, and in good health.
- Applicants who apply for a Master’s degree should be under 35 years old and have a Bachelor’s degree.
- Applicants who apply for a doctoral degree should be under 40 years old and have a Master’s degree.
- Applicants of Chinese-medium programs should have at least HSK level four certificate (Chinese Proficiency Test) when applying. Applicants who meet HSK level five or above can apply for the major study directly, those who have not reached HSK level five can apply to take Chinese language training courses for one year, and then move on to their degree study after meeting the requirement.
- Applicants whose native language is Chinese or can provide proof of studying at a previous institution where the teaching language is Chinese can apply for the HSK test waiver for further approval of Wuhan University.
- Applicants of English-medium programs should provide a score report of English Language test，TOEFL requires 80, IELTS requires 5.5. For those who cannot offer the above-mentioned standard English test results, can provide proof of studying at a previous institution where the teaching language is English, and they will be required to participate in an additional oral or written English test organized by Wuhan University.
- Native English-speaking applicants can be exempted from providing the above English proficiency certificate.
- Applicants for the English-medium graduate program of clinical medicine should have HSK Level four or above certificate, and those applicants who have not reached HSK Level four can apply to take Chinese language training courses for one year, and then move on to their degree study after meeting the requirement.
- Applicants who do not obtain other scholarships for new students.
- Applicants who do not obtain other scholarship for new students
How to Apply
- Firstly, register and submit your online application at the CSC Online Application System for International Students. The code of Wuhan University is 10486. Please Choose Program category– type B which refers to scholarship programs responsible by Chinese universities under Chinese Government Scholarship-Chinese University Program. Please download and print a hard copy of the “Application Form for Chinese Government Scholarship” after you complete the form.
- Next, register and submit your online application at Wuhan University Online Application System for International Students. Please choose sources of funds — Chinese Government Program, submit online the completed “Application Form for International Scholars and Students of Wuhan University” and other required application documents as listed below:
- Application Form for Chinese Government Scholarship (written in Chinese or English).
- Application Form for International Scholars and Students of Wuhan University (written in Chinese or English).
- Notarized highest diploma(degree certificate) and transcripts（the original and copy of each one, issued directly by your school/university or public notary office with an official stamp）. Prospective diploma recipients should submit an official pre-graduation certificate, transcript and on-school performance certificate issued by your current school, the pre-graduation certificate should prove not only your current student status but also the expected degree certificate and graduation date.
- Documents in languages other than Chinese or English should attach notarized Chinese or English translations. (Bachelor Degree is required for Master programs and Master Degree is required for Doctoral programs).
- Study Plan, within 800 words, written in Chinese or in English.
- Two recommendation letters from either professors or associate professors, in Chinese or English.
- Scanned copy of a valid ordinary passport (personal information page, the validity of the passport should be at least until Dec. 31, 2020).
- Photocopy of Foreigner Physical Examination Form, filled in English or Chinese, can be downloaded from http://admission.whu.edu.cn/en/?c=content&a=list&catid=81. The Physical examinations must cover all the items listed in the Foreigner Physical Examination Form. Incomplete forms or forms without the signature of the attending physician, the official stamp of the hospital, or a sealed photograph of the applicant are considered invalid.
- Please carefully plan your physical examination schedule as the result is valid for only six months. Please keep the original copy of the form for the school registration.
- Valid HSK certificate is required if applying for Chinese-medium program. Valid English level certificate for English-medium program (e. g TOEFL or IELTS).
- Acceptance letter from the professor of Wuhan University (if available).
Deadline: application closes March 31st, 2020