Technische Universität Berlin, Germany invites applications from international female postdoctoral researchers for the 2014 International Post-Doc Initiative (IPODI) fellowship awards.
IPODI is awarded to highly-qualified women for leadership positions in science as part of an initiative (Wissenschaftlerinnen an die Spitze) that aims at increasing the number of female professors at the TU Berlin. IPODI Fellows will find excellent research conditions in one of the seven faculties of the TU Berlin and they will be supported by an experienced mentor.
Worth of Award
IPODI Fellows will receive:
- A two-year employment contract with salaries equal to those of the Marie Curie Programme for experienced researchers, including social security and health insurance as well as pension coverage (salary scale between E 13 and E 14 TV-L),
- A mobility and a travel allowance,
- A monthly contribution to research costs
- The opportunity for professional training in career development and research management.
- International Post-Doc Initiative (IPODI) awards 21 two-year fellowships to outstanding international researchers.
- IPODI awards seven fellowships per call in three internationally open selection rounds with international peer-review.
- Successful candidates will receive additional training in career development and research management and they will be able to expand their professional networks, within both the academic and the private sector
- Applicants must have at least two and not more than ten years of research experience after obtaining their doctoral degree, in exceptional cases an extension of up to three years is possible,
- Applicants must not have resided or carried out their main activity (work, studies etc.) in Germany for more than 12 months in the three years prior to the call deadline,
- The research proposal has to be supported by a cooperating professor of the TU Berlin.
- The research proposal has to fit into one of the academic disciplines represented in the seven faculties of the TU Berlin.
- The proposal must be supported by a cooperating professor of the TU Berlin.
- Applicants have to hand in an innovative and independent research proposal, a time plan demonstrating how the proposed objectives are to be achieved, a letter of motivation detailing their career perspectives and motivation to apply for an IPODI Fellowship, a letter of support by a cooperating professor of the TU Berlin and two external letters of reference.
- Researchers returning from periods of international mobility (researching outside Germany), intersectoral mobility (working in the private sector) or non-academic mobility (e.g. after parental leave) are especially encouraged to apply.
How to Apply
Required documents for application includes:
- An innovative and independent research proposal and a time plan demonstrating how the proposed objectives are to be achieved,
- A letter of motivation detailing career perspectives and motivation to apply for IPODI,
- A letter of support of a cooperating professor of the TU Berlin,
- Two external letters of reference.
After the call deadline those applications that have passed the eligibility check will enter the selection process:
- Every application is evaluated by three external reviewers (at least two of them international), who are distinguished experts in the same area of research as the proposals they assess.
- The external reviewers are asked to evaluate the proposal with regard to i) scientific and personal qualification, ii) quality of the proposal, iii) career perspectives and iv) mentoring perspectives.
- During its second meeting the IPODI Selection Committee conducts personal interviews with the prospective candidates. Interviews will take around 30 minutes (10-15 minutes for presentation, 15 minutes for questions and discussion). The cooperating professor of TU Berlin will also be invited to the interview.
- After the interviews the Selection Committee compiles a final ranking list for funding recommendation on the basis of the results of the external reviews and the results of the interviews.
- Applicants will be able to monitor the status of their proposal during each stage of the selection process.
- Applications have to be submitted in English via the IPODI Application Portal.
Deadline: The first call for applications will be open until January 15, 2014.