WIPO Academy and Tongji University (Shanghai, People’s Republic of China) invite applications for its master’s degree programme in intellectual property (with specialization in Design) at Tongji University, China 2022.
Classes are delivered by eminent academics from Tongji University, professors and visiting lecturers from other leading universities in Europe and Asia, and reputed experts from WIPO and the State Intellectual Property Office of the People’s Republic of China (SIPO).
This Master’s Degree is offered jointly with the WIPO Academy and Tongji University (Shanghai, People’s Republic of China). The program has a specialization in Design.
The main components covered:
- Introduction to Intellectual Property Law
- Patent Law
- Design Law
- Trademark Law and Geographical Indications
- Copyright and Related Rights
- Competition Law
- Design and Innovation
- Cross-cutting issue
- Technology transfer and license
- IP in the Industry
- Private International Law
- IP Enforcement
Worth of Award
WIPO Scholarships cover:
- Registration and tuitions fees;
- Subsistence allowance;
- Travel expense; and
- Medical insurance
- Visa costs, if any, are at the expense of participants successful applicants for WIPO scholarships are notified by the WIPO Academy. Thereafter, they will be provided with relevant information, including travel arrangements.
- Successful students will be awarded a Master’s Degree in Intellectual Property (MIP) with a specialization in Design by Tongji University on behalf of WIPO.
The WIPO-Tongji MIP in Design is a Master’s program open to Law and non-Law graduates:
- A bachelor’s degree;
- One-year work experience
- English proficiency (IELTS 6.5, TOEFL 95 or equivalent proof of English proficiency);
- Outstanding academic performance, such as an academic transcript, etc.
- Government officials and persons working in the public sector such as universities, academies, and research and development institutions; and
- Candidates should be from developing countries or least developed countries (LDCs).
How to Apply
- Please find the steps of the application as well as the form in the brochure attached to the website.
- Applicants have to apply to Tongji University only.
Deadline: application closes March 10, 2022