The University of Sydney offers the Australian Government RTP Postgraduate Scholarship for research degrees in the 2020/21 academic year.
Funded by the Australian government, this scholarship provides tuition fees offset and stipend to high quality international postgraduate students who wish to enrol or are currently enrolled in a research degree.
They make lives better by producing leaders of society and equipping people with leadership qualities so they can serve their communities at every level.
The Scholarship may be held for three years (full time) for Research Doctorate studies, or for two years for Research Masters studies if commenced prior 1 January 2019, or 1.75 years if commences on or after 1 January 2019. A Research Doctorate student may apply for a maximum extension of up to six months subject to satisfactory progress, provided the grounds are related to study (not of a personal nature), and are beyond the control of the student. No extensions are possible for Research Masters students. Periods of study already undertaken towards the degree prior to the commencement of the award will be deducted from the maximum tenure of the award.
Worth of Award
- For 2020 awards, the RTP scholarships are valued at $35,000 per annum.
- The RTP International Scholarship assists with OSHC, tuition fees, and living costs
- be a commencing or enrolled international postgraduate research student
- have an outstanding record of academic achievement and research potential
- have an unconditional offer of admission or be currently enrolled in a master’s by research or PhD at the University of Sydney.
- Applications are assessed on academic merit and research potential.
How to Apply
- Applications are open all year round, with scholarships awarded all year round.
- Commencing students should select the checkbox to be considered for research scholarships when completing the admission application for their postgraduate research degree.
- A separate application is not required.
Deadline: applications close March 31st, 2020