The European Association of Urology invites applications for a year-long programme in leading European research institutions to suitably qualified candidates in Europe, 2020.
The European Urological Scholarship Programme (EUSP) believes that knowledge shared is knowledge multiplied; a sharing of expertise benefits not only a community but also enlarges the vision and influence of our speciality.
Each year the EUSP Board contacts certified host institutions to check for basic research projects that can be taken up by a potential EUSP scholar. These projects will be published online and will be promoted during
Worth of Award
- A maximum grant of €30,000 is available for each accepted project proposal.
- Expenses have to be justified by a well-documented budget that is to be included with each application.
- The budget should include the estimated costs of living, travel expenses for one round trip, limited refunds for continuing expenses in the home country, such as the continuation of insurances and other costs for which documentation can be presented.
- The EUSP grant is meant to finance the above-mentioned costs made only by the applicant, and not by accompanying persons.
- The EUSP grant will be transferred in 3 parts; 40% of the total grant will be transferred approximately 1 month before the start date, the next 40% will be transferred after 4 months Scholarship and the final 20% will be transferred after 8 months of the Scholarship.
- Applicant should be certified urologist or urologist in training aged under 40 years
- Applicant should have at least 3PubMed publications
- Membership of the EAU is mandatory
- A written project proposal of at least three A-4 pages, including a detailed time schedule, should be included in the application
- Ethical approval of the project is mandatory
- A letter of acceptance from the Chairman and/or Programme Director of the host institution is required
- An EAU-EBU Certified host centre is preferred but not mandatory
- The selected start date of the Scholarship should be at least 3 months after the application deadline.
How to Apply
Candidates should apply online and upload the following documents:
- Curriculum Vitae
- Copy of passport
- List with PubMed publications only (including PubMed ID numbers)
- Motivation letter
- Recommendation letter of at least 2 senior urologists from the applicants country
- A detailed project description including a time frame
- A detailed budget
Deadline: application closes May 1, & September 1, 2020