Editing Press invites applications for the Laura Bassi Scholarships to sponsor academic research for students all over the world in 2020.
The Laura Bassi Scholarship was established by Editing Press in 2018 with the aim of providing editorial assistance to postgraduates and junior academics whose research focuses on neglected topics of study, broadly construed, within their disciplines. The scholarships are open to every discipline and are awarded three times per year: December, April, and August.
Editing Press a small company of published academics from Oxford and Cambridge Universities who provide editing, proofreading, and translation services of the highest standard to postgraduates and fellow academics.
They have more than 15 years of experience as editors and proofreaders and have worked with a wide variety of projects. As academics, we specialize in editing books, journal articles, and masters and doctoral theses. As writers, they have edited and proofread an even greater variety of work, from motion picture scripts to short stories and great works of fiction.
Worth of Award
The value of the scholarships are remitted through editorial assistance as follows:
- Master’s candidates: $750
Doctoral candidates: $2,500
Junior academics: $500
- These figures reflect the upper bracket of costs of editorial assistance for master’s theses, doctoral dissertations, and academic journal articles, respectively.
- All currently enrolled master’s and doctoral candidates are eligible to apply, as are academics in the first five years of their employment.
- There are no institutional, departmental, or national restrictions.
How to Apply
- Applicants are required to submit a completed application form along with their CV using the portal prompted by the ‘Apply’ button below by the relevant deadline.
- To help defray the Scholarship’s administrative costs, applicants are subject to a voluntary USD 10.00 fee. All applicants who are unable to pay the application fee are welcome to take advantage of the fee waiver option on the application portal. If you wish to pay the application fee in a non-USD currency, please consult the FAQ for instructions.
- Answers to common questions about the application process are provided in the FAQ section. In order to avoid delays, applicants are encouraged to read the FAQ carefully before writing to us with their questions.