DonorsTrust offers the Dan Searle Fellowships in Economics to new PhD holders interested in pursuing research as postdoctoral fellows. The scholarship offers the opportunity for newly minted PhDs to spend two years pursuing research as postdoctoral fellows before entering the academic job market.
As many as three fellowships will be offered for two-year terms covering the 2014-2016 academic years.
Worth of Awards
- Fellowship awards include an annual stipend of up to $75,000,
- enrolment in the host university’s health insurance,
- And a modest sum for the host university’s expenses.
- Teaching during the fellowship term is discouraged, but exceptions may be granted on a case-by-case basis.
- While details will be negotiated with each host school, fellows will generally be provided with an office and included in workshops and other activities.
- Criteria for selection include dedication to scholarship and teaching,
- very strong academic qualifications,
- potential to contribute to intellectual diversity in the academy,
- a demonstrated interest in policy-relevant research,
- and the promise of a distinguished academic career.
How to Apply
Before applying, applicants must identify an appropriate mentor in a highly ranked economics department and reach a tentative arrangement to spend two years at the prospective host department.
To apply, please send the following to [email protected]:
- Description of research agenda
- Statement of commitment to an academic career
- Description of the tentative hosting arrangement
- Writing sample of no more than 50 pages
- Two letters of reference
- Graduate school transcripts
Deadline: Applications must be received by December 31, 2013.
Click here for more details and to apply