Wageningen University & Research invites applications for Excellence Programme, initiated by to attract excellent students for a master’s programme, and who might have the potential to do a PhD after MSc graduation, in Wageningen or elsewhere, in the 2021/2022 academic year.
You can only take part in the Excellence Programme on the invitation. See below for the procedure and time schedule. During the selection process, the candidates will be requested to fill in a web form, to do an additional assignment, and might have a skype interview.
Worth of Award
The different elements of a scholarship in the Excellence Programme scholarship are:
- A tuition fee waiver for the duration of the programme (24 months).
- A budget for one seminar in Europe (travel, stay, registration fee).
- A budget for participation in the ‘reach your full potential programme’.
- You come from a country outside the European Economic Area (and Switzerland).
- You have unconditional admission to one of the MSc programmes of Wageningen University.
- You have a reference letter from a professor, preferably of a high ranked institute.
- You have a high GPA.
- You can demonstrate to comply with the standard of excellence envisaged by the programme.
How to Apply
- Apply for admission to a master’s programme at Wageningen University starting in September 2021.
- Wageningen University will pre-select students who are admitted to an MSc programme starting in September 2021and belong to the Excellence Programme target group and invite them by email to apply for an Excellence Scholarship.
- You can only apply for this scholarship if you have been invited to do so. 0
- After you have received an invitation to apply, you will be informed in detail about the rest of the procedure.
- The procedure will contain an additional assignment and a (skype) interview.
- If you do not want to apply, you will be requested to inform them as soon as possible, at least within one week after the invitation has been sent, which will allow them to contact other students.
By the end of May 2021, they hope to close the selection procedure and inform all the participants about the result. This can be:
- Positive and admitted to the Excellence Programme;
- Positive, but put on a waiting list;
Deadline: Make sure you apply before March 1, 2021, to allow them to evaluate your application and send you the result letter in time.