Nanyang Technological University is offering the NTU-University Scholars Programme (NTU-USP) in Singapore for the 2021/2022 academic year.
The NTU-USP Scholarship is awarded to outstanding freshmen pursuing the NTU-University Scholars Programme. At NTU, students learn from some of the best professors in the world, enjoy a balanced and well-rounded education. With a strong network of academic and industry partners, NTU provides you with a global stage for the future.
Worth of Award
The NTU-USP Scholarship covers up to the normal programme duration on condition that the scholarship holder maintain a record of good academic performance and exemplary conduct.
- Full coverage of subsidised tuition fees (after Tuition Grant).
- Living allowance of S$6,500 per academic year.
- Accommodation allowance of up to S$2,000 per academic year (applicable to scholarship holders who reside in NTU hostels only).
- Computer allowance of S$1,750 (one-off).
- Travel Grant of up to S$5,000 for an overseas study/attachment programme subject to terms and conditions in the Travel Grant Form.
- Overseas benefits in the semester of the NTU-USP Study Abroad or NTU Exchange Programme.
No bond is attached to the NTU-USP Scholarship apart from the three-year bond applicable to all Singapore PRs and international students under the MOE Tuition Grant Scheme.
- Open to all nationalities.
- Successful awardees should be on the NTU-University Scholars Programme (NTU-USP).
- Possess outstanding Singapore-Cambridge GCE ‘A’ level, Diploma awarded by a polytechnic in Singapore, NUS High School Diploma, IB Diploma or Year 12 equivalent qualifications.
- Excellent co-curricular records.
- Strong leadership qualities and potential.
How to Apply
- The same application period for admissions applies. Scholarships are awarded based on competition amongst shortlisted candidates.
- Applicants are required to submit their application for admission before submitting their application for a scholarship.
- Click on the link provided to apply for the scholarship with your assigned application number before the application closing date for that qualification.
- As part of completing the form, a Personal Essay of not more than 300 words is required. The 3 topics you may write on are shown in the scholarship application form.
After completing your application form, applicants are required to submit the following:
- upload a recent passport-size photo (digital image).
- submit a referee’s appraisal online. The appraisal is to be completed by your school teacher, who must not be your family or relative. After you have submitted your scholarship application, you will be provided with a URL to be forwarded to your school teacher. When you are passing the link to your teacher, please inform him/her of your NTU application number and Date of Birth, as he/she will need the information to submit the appraisal online. Your school teacher is to complete the online appraisal form and submit it within 7 days of your scholarship application. If your teacher is not able to submit it online within 7 days and needs more time, please inform him/her to submit as soon as possible (preferably not more than 2 weeks from your date of scholarship application). Note that only one appraisal may be submitted online to support your application.
Deadline: applications should be submitted on or before March 19, 2021