The Petroleum Technology Development Fund (PTDF) is now accepting applications for its 2014/2015 master’s and PhD scholarships for Nigerians.
Their website is also open to all applicants for the 2013/2014 academic session who experienced difficulties uploading relevant documents to their online application to attached and submit their documents. However, those who successfully applied and uploaded their documents need not apply again.
IMPORTANT: Here is a link to the requirements for undergraduate application even though it reads 2013, you can still apply based on information on their website. Click here to visit the site.
MSc (Overseas) Applicants
1. A minimum of Second Class Upper (2.1) in an Oil and Gas related field OR a 2.2 with oil and gas industry experience
2. National Youth Service (NYSC) certificate
3. Applicants must be computer literate
4. Possession of O/level with Credit in English Language in WAEC/SSCE (C6) or NECO (C4);
5. Applicants must not be above 30 years of age
6. Applicants without credit in English language as in (4) above but possess any of the following may apply
i) Test of English language as a foreign language (TOEFL)
ii) G.R.E ( Graduate Record Examination)
iii) GMAT -for Management related courses
iv) International English Language Testing System (IELTS)
1. Applicants must be in the academics in Nigerian Institutions, teaching an oil and gas related discipline;
2. Applicants must possess minimum of 2.2 in their first degree and a good second degree certificate;
3. Applicants must submit a research proposal relevant to the oil and gas industry (of not more than 5 pages) to include: Topic, introduction, objective, methodology and mode of data collection;
4. Applicants must include a valid admission letter;
5. Applicants must not be over 40 years of age; and;
6. Applicants must include their master’s degree project
LIST OF APPROVED COURSES FOR SPONSORSHIP
Scholarships will be offered for admission into the under listed courses (for overseas MSc). Candidates are advised, to apply for admission into Universities in the UK and France that offer these courses, while applying for the Petroleum Technology Development Fund Scholarship.
1. Asset Management (Engineering Asset Management)
2. Basin Evolution and Dynamics
3. Diving and Underwater Technology
4. Energy Systems Engineering
5. Environmental Engineering
6. Environmental Remote Sensing
7. Fire & Explosion Engineering
8. Health Safety and Environment
9. Marine Computational Fluid Dynamics
10. Maritime Operations
11. Occupational Health and Safety
12. Offshore and Ocean Technology
13. Offshore Engineering
14. Pipeline Engineering And Security
15. Purchasing and Supply Chain Management
16. Refinery Design and Operations
17. Subsea Engineering
18. Thermal Power (Gas Turbine Option)
19. Welding Engineering
20. Design of Rotating Machines
21. Control Systems
22. Hydraulic Engineering (France)
23. Fluid Mechanics and Energetics (France)
PhD PRIORITY RESEARCH AREAS
The PhD research areas in addition to the afore-listed MSc program areas may also include any of the following related areas:
1. Environmental Studies and HSE (Health, Safety and Environment).
2. Marginal Fields Development.
3. Flow Assurance and Pipeline Engineering.
4. Geology and Petroleum Geology.
5. Civil and Marine Engineering.
6. Renewable Energy.
7. Reservoir Engineering/Production Technology.
8. Refining Technology.
9. Ship Building & Marine Technology.
How to Apply
- Application Forms can be accessed online using an ATM card or through purchase of a scratch card from designated main branches of First Bank of Nigeria Plc in all the States and FCT, upon payment of a NON-REFUNDABLE sum of N1,000 (One Thousand Naira Only).
- Instructions on how to access the form online is clearly stated on the backside of the cards. (You can click “Fresh Application 2014” in the top menu to begin your application)
- Applicants may please note that only those who meet the requirements above shall be shortlisted and invited for Electronic Aptitude Test, in the case of Master’s Degree candidates, while oral interview will be conducted for PhD (full time) on dates to be announced later.
Deadline: The online application opened on October 2, 2013 and will close October 23, 2013