The GroundTruth Project is offering the Global Migration, Refugees and Resettlement Reporting Fellowship covering a critical moment for global migration and resettlement in 2020.
The GroundTruth Project is an award-winning, independent, nonpartisan, nonprofit news organization dedicated to supporting the next generation of journalists around the world. Our mission is to restore journalism from the ground up by enabling in-depth, on the ground field reporting on social justice issues in under-covered corners of the world
With support from the MacArthur Foundation and The Henry Luce Foundation, GroundTruth plans to select a team of fellows working across key regions, telling narrative-driven, multimedia stories of migration shaped by climate change, economic and social instability, war and famine.
Worth of Award
Candidates may apply with a partner or partners, and each fellow will receive a total of $10,000, which will cover all travel expenses and a fee to the fellow.
- The fellowship is open to videographers, photographers, writers, audio reporters and data journalists.
- They seek proposals that integrate compelling human stories with attempted solutions relevant to those stories (whether they have been proven effective or not).
- Experience covering migration or refugees is preferred, and journalists who have migrated or been refugees are particularly encouraged to apply.
- The fellowship is open to candidates from anywhere in the world
- Candidates may apply with a partner or partners.
- They’re looking for story proposals that examine how the global migration crisis is unfolding at the local level, and solutions-oriented stories that explore the different approaches and challenges to permanent resettlement of refugees, even as anti-refugee sentiment fuels public backlash.
How to Apply
- If applying as a partnership or team, each person should submit their own application and mention the proposed partner or team members.
- Candidates are encouraged to include their own distribution relationships in their proposals.
- Please write to Chief Content Officer Kevin Grant via [email protected] with any questions.
Deadline: The Migration Reporting candidates are asked to apply via Submittable by March 3, 2020