The Bertha MBA Scholarships seek prospective MBA candidates resident in African countries to apply for the 2015 scholarship awards, tenable at the University of Cape Town Graduate School of Business, South Africa.
The Bertha Scholars are Africa based social innovators with a commitment and track record to creating positive change. The Graduate School of Business at UCT offer five annual Bertha MBA Scholarships to students that have met the requirements for the MBA programme and who are driven by their pursuit in social or green ventures.
Worth of Awards
The Bertha Scholarship covers full costs of the MBA programme at the UCT Graduate School of Business for candidates committed to social innovation and entrepreneurship.
The criteria used for selection of Bertha Scholars are:
- Candidates must be a resident of an African country.
- Candidates must have started or worked in an entrepreneurial social or green venture, or have worked on sustainable social business strategies within an organisation for at least Candidates must demonstrate a strong moral character, strong entrepreneurial drive, a track record of action, leadership qualities, traits of social activism and a commitment to the sustainable development of emerging economies.
- Through the submission of an essay, candidates must show how the MBA at this stage in their career will help to accelerate their impact and how it will contribute to the wider creation of value for society.
- Candidates must demonstrate some need for the scholarship, through either previous work experience, personal background or demonstrated commitment to start a social venture, which make self-funding the MBA a significant burden.
How to Apply
- Candidates must first be eligible and apply for the MBA of the UCT Graduate School of Business.
- Interested candidates should submit the Bertha Scholarship Application Form together with their UCTMBA application number received from the GSB Admissions Office, contact details and CV to [email protected] by October 31, 2014.
- Candidates will be notified if they are selected for interview by mid November 2014
Interviews will take place during the week of 18 November 2013. The final decision and award of the scholarship will be made by a Scholarship selection panel, following which candidates will be informed by December 17, 2014. Candidates will only be able to take up the Bertha Scholarship if admitted to the MBA programme.
Please email your CV to [email protected]
Deadline: The deadline for 2015 Bertha Scholarships is October 31, 2014.