The London School of Hygiene & Tropical Medicine LSHTM in the UK is offering the LSHTM Fund Scholarship in the 2020/21 Academic session.
This scholarship has been made possible by donors to the LSHTM Fund. Supported by hundreds of alumni and friends, the LSHTM Fund provides scholarships for the next generation of global health leaders. This year’s scholarship is intended to support an excellent candidate who would be unable to take up a place of study without this financial support.
This scholarship is open to applicants intending to study on a one-year, full-time, London-based MSc programme at the London School of Hygiene & Tropical Medicine (LSHTM) in 2020-21.
Worth of Award
The scholarship will cover:
- 2020-21 tuition fees, including any mandatory field trip fees;
- a tax-free stipend (living allowance) of GBP 17,175.00; and
- a MSc summer project allowance of GBP 2,000.00.
To be eligible for these scholarships, applicants must:
- be nationals of, and resident in, low to middle-income countries (as defined by the World Bank);
- intend to return to a low to a middle-income country on completion of their MSc year at LSHTM;
- confirm in writing that they would not otherwise be able to pay for the proposed programme of study;
- meet LSHTM’s minimum English language requirements (as required by LSHTM’s Admissions system), and hold a first degree at either a first or upper second class equivalency level; and
- hold an offer of admission for 2020-21 from LSHTM for one of the eligible MSc programmes of study
The selection panel awarding this highly competitive scholarship will consider applicants’ experience and qualifications and potential, looking for those with the greatest potential to accelerate in their career and make significant contributions to public and global health, and/or health-related research (following a year’s study at LSHTM).
How to Apply
Applicants should complete both steps below by the scholarship deadline.
- Submit an application for 2020-21 for an eligible MSc programme of study, as per instructions under the ‘How to Apply’ tab on the relevant programme of study page.
- Applicants should ensure that all necessary supplementary admissions documents (including references) are submitted via LSHTM’s Admissions Portal by the scholarship deadline.
- Submit an online scholarships application, selecting this scholarship option ‘2020-21 LSHTM Fund Scholarship’ from the drop-down menu.
- A completed supplementary questions form for this scholarship must be uploaded as part of this application.
- This is the only attachment required in Step 2 (as applicants should have already submitted references, transcripts, and a CV as part of their application for study).
- If you have any queries about the application process, scholarship requirements or application deadline, please contact their Scholarships team: [email protected]
Deadline: The scholarship deadline is 23:59 (GMT) on Wednesday, February 12, 2020.