The University of Oxford in the UK invites applications for the Oxford Pershing Square Master’s+MBA Scholarships for the 2020/2021 academic session.
Established in 2014, the Pershing Square Foundation awards up to five full scholarships to support outstanding students on the 1+1 MBA, covering both the Master’s degree and the MBA year. The foundation supports exceptional leaders and innovative organizations that tackle social issues and deliver scalable and sustainable impact. It is committed to supporting areas such as economic development, education, healthcare, justice, and the arts.
Worth of Awards
As a Pershing Square scholar;
- You will receive funding for both your Master’s degree and MBA programme course fees.
- You will also receive £15,009 towards living expenses for both years of study.
Scholarships are awarded to individuals with:
- Academic achievement demonstrated through degree results, GMAT or GRE score, previous university prizes and awards, and other academic achievements
- Leadership potential demonstrated through experience and motivation
- Strong personal character, integrity, and commitment
- Intention to focus on addressing world-scale social challenges in your career, either in an existing organization or through the development of a new enterprise
- Ability to envision how to achieve scalable and sustainable solutions to these challenges
- Articulated vision on how the Oxford 1+1 MBA will allow you to fulfill your objectives
How to Apply
In order to be considered for the Pershing Square Scholarship;
- You must apply to the 1+1 MBA by the January 2020 deadline.
- When you submit your 1+1 MBA application form you will be asked if you would like to be considered for the Pershing Square Scholarship.
- Submit an essay in your application form of no more than 500 words addressing this question ‘How do you intend to change the world? What does this tell us about you as a person?’
- Shortlisted candidates will be invited to an interview with the selection panel.
- Each of their partnering Master’s programmes has its own application form, deadlines, and requirements.
Deadline: Application closes January 10, 2020.